Lead Safe Mama’s Amazon Store!

New in Summer 2018!

I just started populating my #LeadSafeMama Amazon Store with choices from my #SaferChoices posts.

Please click through and let me know if there are any categories you would like to see that are not there yet and if there are any specific types of items you would like my recommendations for or that you think I should include in a category I have already set up.

Thank you so much for taking the time to check out my #LeadSafeMama Amazon Store, your input will me build a resource for others as well – now and in to the future!

My commission on items sold through this store can be as much as 8% (at no extra cost to the buyer) so purchasing things via my #LeadSafeMama Amazon Store links really makes a difference in supporting my advocacy work. Just start your Amazon shopping at my link if you can [especially if you were already planning on shopping on Amazon!]

If you ever buy any product via my #LeadSafeMama Amazon Store that you think is not up to my standards (or yours!) or has any issues of any kind, please let me know so that I can remove it from my list of choices. If that’s the case I will look for a better but similar product sold by a different vendor.

Also if you want more information about why I have chosen a specific or product or brand, please look up that item using the search-bar here on my blog and read the related blog posts that come up in the search (you can search by product type or by brand name – there are over 1,000 posts here to search through!)

Thank you! As always, let me know if you have any questions!

Here are the subcategories I already have listed in my Amazon store:

#LeadSafeMama Pots & Pans

#LeadSafeMama Toys

#LeadSafeMama Baking

#LeadSafeMama Snacks

#LeadSafeMama Coffee & Tea

#LeadSafeMama Kitchen

#LeadSafeMama Dishes

19 Responses to Lead Safe Mama’s Amazon Store!

1. Kristy August 12, 2018 at 1:37 pm #

Thank you so much for this work! I’m bookmarking this link for future reference any time I’m going to shop from now on! xoxo

• Tamara August 12, 2018 at 1:46 pm #

Thank you!

2. Lili August 13, 2018 at 3:49 pm #

Hello Tamara,

This is a great idea. I haven’t been able to buy from it, is it not up yet?
    Thanks!!!

• Tamara August 13, 2018 at 5:56 pm #

It’s up! Just click on the image link – and look through the categories.

• Lili August 15, 2018 at 6:51 pm #

That’s what I have been doing and I just tried again and nothing happens. My security settings maybe?

• Tamara August 15, 2018 at 9:36 pm #

Maybe – I’m not sure how that works, maybe you can cut and paste the link?

3. Karen August 28, 2018 at 10:56 am #

This is my first time on your site! I appreciate what you’re doing. I bought the Pyrex bake prep n’ storage set a few weeks ago but have yet to use it because I’ve heard there’s lead in Pyrex glassware. I did notice you have a few Pyrex approved glassware on your link. Does my set meet the criteria as being lead free?

• Tamara August 28, 2018 at 1:37 pm #

Hi Karen!

Thanks for being here and checking out this information.

The clear glass ones that are new / sold new today are lead-free. The concern for Pyrex is the vintage decorated milk-glass Pyrex.

4. Neda January 9, 2019 at 4:08 pm #

Thanks for posting this!!

I have been looking for an affordable nontoxic immersion blender. Another website recommends the philips pro mix because it doesn’t have CPs.Do you know if it has lead?
    I know you recommend the waring but I can’t shell out that much…

Thanks!

• Tamara January 9, 2019 at 5:22 pm #

Hi Neda!

Sorry I haven’t tested that one yet. 🙁

T

5. Jennifer J January 10, 2019 at 11:08 am #

Thank you for this! SO helpful! Glad to see so many of our products are lead free. Do you know about the Lollacup?

• Tamara January 10, 2019 at 11:11 am #

Hi Jennifer,

No – sorry, I’m not familiar with that product.

T

6. Melissa Logston January 20, 2019 at 10:04 pm #

Great store! Shopping your reccomendations as i overhaul my kitchen. You have a Henkles ice cream scoop that 2 reviewers say is not fully stainless steel. Have you tested it? I really like that type of scoop and would purchase it.

• Tamara January 21, 2019 at 7:51 pm #

I will double check that and get back to you Melissa!
      T

7. Ivanka Kim January 26, 2019 at 10:38 am #

Thank you so much for creating this amazon store front, it’s a huge help.
    Just a question, do you have any recommendation for a good chopper? Sorry if you’ve been asked this before, I wasn’t able to find the info.
    Do you think as long as it has a clear glass bowl and stainless steel blades it’s safe to use? I was considering this – Electric Food Chopper, 5-Cup Food Processor by Homeleader, 1.2L Glass Bowl Grinder for Meat, Vegetables, Fruits and Nuts, Stainless Steel Motor Unit and 4 Sharp Blades, 300W https://amzn.to/2RQpCTD (aflink).
    Though I’m not familiar with this brand, so I’m a little hesitant…

Thank you!
    – Ivanka

• Tamara January 26, 2019 at 10:25 pm #

Hi Ivanka,

There is one I tested – here is a link: https://tamararubin.com/2018/10/hamilton-beach-stack-press-food-chopper-with-glass-bowl/

My primary concern with appliances like this is the possibility of leaded yellow brass components in the food surface contact areas of the vessel. Specifically look for the color of the nuts or washers underneath the blades inside the mechanism. If they are yellow metal (or anything that doesn’t look stainless) consider another option.

8. Liberty February 3, 2019 at 2:01 pm #

The Link https://www.amazon.com/shop/auntietammys, only asks my browser if i want to save a file. It does not open a amazon link

Searching on AMAZON produces no results…
    Your search “auntietammys” did not match any products.

• Tamara February 5, 2019 at 8:21 am #

Hmm – when I click the link it gets me right through to the page. Canyon try again? Maybe in a different browser?

9. Hunter February 26, 2019 at 7:07 pm #

Hi Tamara!

For the Coffee & Tea list, is there a reason you listed an off-brand version of the Chemex coffee maker but still the Chemex filters? Wondering if you tested an actual Chemex brand pour over coffee maker and found lead, or if this other brand was just a more affordable option.

Thank you!