Sunday – January 1, 2023
Here’s a “private” preview screener link to my film.
- The film is 92 minutes long and there is a scene in the credits so I request that folks watch all the way through to the very end of the credits (Noam Chomsky has the last word!)
- It has interviews with top scientists and experts (as well as politicians and policy makers) and also with parents of Lead poisoned children across the country.
- It has footage from my presentation with Bernie Sanders in Flint in 2016 as well.
- The film has music donated by The Who, Maia Sharp, Tom Waits and others. Jon Fishman (drummer of Phish) is an Executive Producer of the project.
- We are still looking for a partner to help us with national and international distribution via Netflix, Amazon or other streaming channels (so if you have any connections there, please let us know).
- There are minor things to do to officially complete the film (final credits, final music / music rights / final graphics, etc.)- but most viewers think it “looks finished” as it is,
- Here’s the link: https://vimeo.com/156169133/7915741044
- Pet Peeve: I really hate it when people contact me and say things like “I watched most of it” and then ask questions (or “I got through half of it.”). If you want to personally ask me questions, I respectfully request that you watch the whole thing first (preferably with the sound on and in one sitting). I took the time (years of my life actually) to make this as a resource with the express intention of helping to answer as many of your questions related to the issue as possible. I did this since there are not sufficient science-based (unbiased) sources of information (without political and corporate influence) online. I did this since there is not enough time in the day for me to talk to everyone personally – and because I wish I had had a resource like this when my kids were poisoned.
My family and I just finished watching this. Amazing. Sad. Scary. Motivating. And just very well done.
Best part: my husband, who doesn’t swear (unlike me) said holy f at the end. And right now he’s searching online for lead test swab kits (don’t worry, I’ll mention to him how you’ve said the swab testing has limitations). If this movie can get through to people like him who care, but aren’t so specific or focused in their concern, then I think that’s a huge swath of the population. This movie just made my job a lot easier.
And I agree, targeting the wives (partners etc—I realize this may not sound very inclusive) of contractors and such is the way to go.
Thank you for this wonderful comment! Could I share your comment publicly on my social media channels (without your name if you prefer?) Please let me know. Thank you!
I copied it without any of your personal info and shared it. Hopefully that’s ok. I love sharing feedback like this because it often encourages others to watch the film.
Leah LaRosa says
I watched the movie a few months back. It was so eye opening and made a huge impact on me. I convinced my husband to allow me to purge nearly all of our beloved dishes, including our beautiful Italian countryside, made in Mylasia, Mikasa dishes ( we have used for the past 15 years ). We replaced with Anchor Hocking, white Corelle and others you recommend. I am still waiting and hoping for replacements for my Kitchenaid mixer. It sits as an extinct dinosaur on my counter, as there are no stainless replacements for my model, as yet. We have had to do this over a several months in order to spread out the cost. But, we feel so much better about what we’re eating off of and using for our grandchildren when they’re over. It was tragic dumping all of those pieces into the trash cans. I cried a few times. It also made me angry that within our own country we are not safe. I naively trusted that our country has high standards in place to protects us. Clearly they do not!
It also broke my heart to watch your family going through the agony of exposure to lead and the fallout of that. Truly heartbreaking! I applaud you for your efforts on behalf of not just your own family, but ours as well. You have been gifted to teach and tell others. Thank you. You are a blessing to those of us who would not have known if not for your generous gift.