Updated: July 6, 2021 – Tuesday
The Lead Safe Mama refund policy has historically spread across a few different documents and blog posts, however I have created this post to consolidate all of the relevant scenarios on one post. As always, please let me know if you have any questions, or if you don’t see a refund policy applicable to your situation.
This “Refund Policy” post is linked in the footer of this website.
The footer can be found on every page of the site.
Index (for this post!)
- Home Consultation / Small Community Event Refund Policy
- Testing Party Refund Policy
- Outreach Event Refund Policy
- Book Pre-Order Refund Policy
- Contribution Refund Policy
1) Fee Schedule & Refund Policy; Home Consultations & Small Community Events:
- Deposit: 50% of your fee must be paid in advance to save the date (usually a proposed 3-day window) and begin planning your visit / event. Flights to your location are usually booked using your deposit funds.
- Remainder: The remaining 50% must be paid in full at least two weeks prior to your date to finalize your date and time. Normally this remainder is paid two-to-four weeks prior to the event.
- If your date is not flexible you may choose to pay the remainder sooner, as the date is only considered confirmed when the fee for the event is paid in full.
- If you cancel your Consultation or Event at least two weeks before your date, the fee you have paid will be refunded in full*.
- If you cancel your Home Consultation less than two weeks prior to your confirmed date, the fee you have paid will be 50% refundable*.
- Rescheduling: Instead of a refund you may choose to use the funds you already paid to cover a future visit. In this scenario, you may reschedule your appointment any time in the 12 calendar months following your initially scheduled date (with available dates dependent on the Lead Safe Mama event schedule / pending travel to your area).
- The option to choose to reschedule for no additional charge will expire 12 months from the original cancelled date.
- After that time, rescheduling may be subject to any rate increases.
- Refund Timeline & Considerations:
- Funds paid by the client are typically used to book flights and make other travel arrangements to come to you [depending on your location, and the timing of your scheduled Home Consultation or Small Community Event]; accordingly, since the funds may have been spent on non-refundable travel arrangements, refunds may take up to 4 to 8 weeks to process.*
- Refunds will be issued through the method in which they were received (PayPal, Check, Venmo, Zelle, etc.)
- *If your Home Consultation or Small Community Event is the “anchor event” for a Lead Safe Mama trip (your Home Consultation/Event is an anchor event if initial travel plans were made to accommodate your availability and location) and travel arrangements have already been made and paid for, it is more likely that your refund will happen in the 6 to 8 week window, as a replacement Home Consultation in your area may need to be confirmed and paid for in order to make funds available to issue you your refund (given the above parameters).
2) Refund Policy; Testing Parties:
- All payments for the party must be paid in full at least two weeks prior to the date of the party.
- If payment in full for the party has not been received at least two weeks prior, all confirmed participants will be contacted and offered the opportunity to increase their contribution to help meet the minimum for the party (usually $700 for a 2-hour party or $1,050 for a 3-hour party, with the minimum time varying depending on location).
- If the minimum is still not reached, all contributions will be refunded in full, and the party will be cancelled.
- Testing Party refunds may take 3-4 weeks to process, and will be issued through the method they were received (PayPal, Check, Venmo, Zelle, etc.)
Note: Testing parties are only scheduled in an area when there is an “anchor event” (an Outreach Event – see #1 above or a Home Consultation – see #3 below) already confirmed, so refunds are not tied to travel costs.
3) Refund Policy; Public Outreach Events & Film Screening Presentations:
The Refund Policy for a Lead Safe Mama, LLC speaking engagement, film screening or other public outreach event will be included in your event agreement and will look similar to the following example:
Refunds for outreach events will be sent by check in 30 to 60 days from the date of cancellation.
4) Refund Policy; Book Pre-Orders:
- My book is still not quite to the printers (now two [plus] years after my little Kickstarter to help with the costs of the book was funded!)
- All of the subject matter for the book has been procured and the text has been written and all that we are waiting on is final photography and layout! HOWEVER – with all the legal drama in the past three years this “last bit to do” has been on hold for quite some time. So, if you cannot bear to wait another moment for your pre-ordered copy of “I Make Women Cry And Throw Out Their Shit!” you will be given a refund at any time that you request it.
- To Note: While the pre-sale price of the books was at only $27 (or thereabouts) I thought y’all might be interested to know that the final printed copy of the first 100 copies look like they will cost me $75 each to print – so you will definitely be getting your money’s worth if you hang on just a bit longer! We are looking at instead printing 1,000 copies in the first run and having direct distribution from the printing facility to save on cost – but that will require something like $15,000 upfront in printing costs paid (by me)… If we commit to 1,000 copies of the book the cost will be closer to $35 a copy- which means more people will be able to buy the first edition and I will be able to afford to have extra copies on hand to give away for free to families I visit with, so it would be worth coming up with the funds upfront to print 1,000 (and that’s a choice that will just depend on what is happening when we have a full final draft of the book ready for printing!).
- …So, well… stay tuned for an amazing book or for feel to ask for a refund for your pre-paid book, no questions asked!
5) Refund Policy; Contributions Since August 2016:
- I am currently suing the State of Oregon in Federal court for multiple civil rights violations against me, violations that have occurred since early 2016.
- When we prevail in court, it is my intention to use a portion of the settlement funds received to repay everyone who made an unrestricted contribution in support of the work (and legal defense) of Lead Safe Mama since this ordeal started in August of 2016.
- If you prefer not to have a refund for your contribution, you may choose for Lead Safe Mama, LLC to “pay it forward” – you can choose for those funds to be used to offer direct support to a family with Lead poisoned children OR for the funds to be gifted to another advocate or nonprofit in need of financial resources.
- Upon our finalizing a settlement, each person who has contributed in support of the work of Lead Safe Mama over the past three (plus) years will be contact with a letter stating their total amount contributed and asking how much they would like refunded or what other disposition of the funds they would like to see.
- Thank you so much to everyone who has helped support this work during this incredibly trying time!