Originally Published: December 19, 2016
Updated: December 4, 2022
Back in December 2016, I started a series of articles I categorized as “Safer Choices” … these include links to items you can purchase that are the same as (or similar to) the Lead-safe/ Lead-free things I use in my own home. These are still up here on the site and are linked below, but I have since also created a separate website that ONLY links Lead-free products (without stories or test results, AND without ADVERTISEMENTS!). That site is www.ShopLeadSafeMama.com. I also created an “Amazon store,” which can be found on this link.
The products in these articles (linked above and below) are all items I have:
- researched and personally use in my home… or
- have personally tested with an XRF instrument, or
- are very similar to items I have tested and used in my home and…
- follow my “best practices” rules for the safest products for your home.
If I don’t personally have complete confidence in a brand or product I will not share it on this site (as a safer choice).
Please let me know if there are other items (or categories of items) you would like me to write about, and you can always click the “Safer Choices” tab at the top of each article to see my latest overview. Thank you for reading!
- Lead-Free Water Bottles, Baby Bottles & Sippy Cups
- Lead-Free Ice Cream Scoops!
- Lead-Free Tea Kettles
- Lead-Free Hoses
- Lead-Free Colander Choices
- Lead-Free Mug Choices
- Lead-Free Dishware Choices
- Lead-Free Measuring Cup Choices
- Lead-Free Mixing Bowl Choices
- #LeadSafe and #LeadFree Kitchen Appliances
- Auntie Tammy’s Lead-Safe Hot Cocoa
- Lead-Free Jewelry