My friends, followers and readers have been asking me for this one for a while, so here’s a dedicated post with a few choices for measuring cups that are similar to those in my home or are similar to ones I recommend based on testing I have done for others.
Important Note: Many of the measuring cups with painted markings (even the newer ones) have lead or cadmium or other ickies in the paint. As a result I avoid anything in my kitchen that has any kind of painted markings.
- Clear unpainted modern glass or
- Stainless Steel
- Avoid painted decorations of any kind including painted markings and logos
- Avoid enamel coatings
If you follow those rules you should end up with measuring cups that have either no lead at all (or very trace lead that is a low-level contaminant vs. an additive as it is in paints and enamels.)
Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links where a purchase made
after clicking will earn me a small percentage of what you spend without costing you extra!
Some good choices:
- Clear Glass 8 Cup Measuring Cup Batter Bowl with Spout (this is on my “I want” list!)
- Clear Glass 8 oz Measuring Cup
- Stainless 8 Cup Multipot (Stovetop Safe) (this is what I use in my home)
- Stainless Measuring Cup and Spoon Set (these are the exact ones I have in my home)
Thanks for reading!
And, as always, please let me know if you have any questions.
Mother of Lead Poisoned Children
Unexpected Lead Expert