Since I get this question ALL THE TIME I thought I would publish my answer here as a blog post (below is the answer I sent to a reader who contacted me with this question tonight.)
You could send me a small saucer to test – along with a $25.00 contribution.
- Search for your pattern here on the blog first. Use keywords including the brand name / manufacturer and pattern name or pattern details (like “purple violets”)
- If you don’t find it – double check in the “Made In” category (like “Made in England” or “Made in Japan” – whatever the country of manufacture is stated on the bottom of the dish.
- If you still don’t find it on the blog send me a request – you must include a picture of the back and front of the dish and the approximate year purchased / year manufactured. Please put “Can you test my dishes?” in the subject line of your email – along with the pattern and manufacturer – like “Wedgwood – Beatrix Potter” or “Pottery Barn – Emma”
- PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME A REQUEST WITHOUT IMAGES.
- Send your email to TamaraRubin@mac.com
- I will e-mail you back and either let you know if I have already tested it OR (if I have not tested that pattern yet) will invite you to send in a dish.
- NOTE: When you send in a dish it may take 6 to 8 weeks for me to test (sometimes it takes longer and sometimes it can be done more quickly – depending on whether or not I have access to an XRF instrument.)
- Please include a note with your contact information (name, address, phone, email) in with the dish when you ship it.
- Please make sure to pack the dish very well so it does not break in shipping!
As always, please let me know if you have any additional questions!
Thank you for reading my blog!