Blue “Cornflower” Design Corning Baking Pan

• Corning Blue Corn Flower Casserole, lead free! (non-detect for lead).
  • Tested with an XRF

All of the ones like this (with this blue pattern) that I have tested have been negative for lead, HOWEVER any of the similar pans with the multi-colored decorations have been positive for HIGH LEVELS of lead!

If you appreciate what I do (XRF testing of consumer goods and sharing the results here and on Twitter and Facebook!), the simplest way you can help support my advocacy work at NO EXTRA COST to you is to click on the Amazon affiliate links in the post or Amazon ads to the right on this page (or on the bottom if you are on your phone!). If you click on any of the links before you start your Amazon shopping as you normally would, then Amazon sends me a percentage of whatever you spend – and you don’t even have to buy the items pictured! 😉

Also – when we reach $5,000 on my GoFundMe, Carissa and I are going to do another round of #GuerrillaXRFTesting at a store chosen by our followers (like the #GuerrillaXRFTesting we did at Target back in February!)

Happy shopping!  & Thank you for your support!  – Tamara

8 Responses to Blue “Cornflower” Design Corning Baking Pan

1. sicili May 17, 2017 at 11:44 am #

Will you please tell me if any of the Corning casserole pans had arsenic or other metals? I read your list that they are lead free but what about the other metals? Thank you so much.

2. suzanne June 15, 2017 at 2:43 pm #

Yes, I would love to know as well. I have a coffee carafe that is blue cornflower and I wondered if perhaps you have tested one of those in addition ;o)

3. suzanne September 4, 2017 at 4:01 pm #

Any idea about the blue cornflower coffee carafe or if the blue cornflower pans have cadmium, arsenic, or mercury?

4. angel February 17, 2018 at 2:25 pm #

was the blue cornflower corningware you tested vintage or something produced in the last 5-10 years? thank you!

• Tamara February 19, 2018 at 3:08 pm #

Sorry, I have no way of knowing. It’s most likely that the older ones are leaded and the newer ones are lower lead or lead free, but these do not have a year of manufacture marked on them (that I am aware of.)

• angel February 19, 2018 at 7:06 pm #

thank you so much tamara! the newer ones produced under Pyrex brand, but also blue cornflower design have no model number and capacity stamp on them. the vintage ones have model numbers and quart/liter stamps that collectors look for. so i guess the blue cornflower corningware you tested was new-ish – post 80’s ..

5. Deborah March 24, 2018 at 2:15 pm #

Tamara, am I reading your posts right that the white pyroceram surface is lead-free, but the decorative decals on the outside are the problem?

• Tamara April 15, 2018 at 12:36 pm #