Updated; June 24, 2018
Rates & Minimums Subject To Change.
Would you like Tamara to come to your home to help you detox your life by determining which consumer goods and household items are free of toxicants (lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic) and which are good candidates for making disappear? In her healthy home consultation she will spend one-on-one time with you to help you make #SaferChoices for your family, giving you a unique set of information and tools (tailored to you!) to help limit your family’s exposure to toxicants.
Tamara a nationally renown expert on lead-poisoning and its prevention, has won numerous awards for her pioneering work in raising awareness of household exposure to neurotoxic lead (and other heavy metals toxicants) and safe work practices in remodeling and remediation – and is the only person ever to win the national “Healthy Homes Hero Award” (pictured here) for consumer advocacy (presented to her in 2011 by a consortium of federal agencies (HUD, USDA, USDoE, CDC & EPA) at the National Healthy Homes Conference in Denver).
Over the past decade her writings have been published widely, and her website (which features extensive database of consumer and household goods she has tested) serves as a virtual encyclopedia on these topics, and together with her news portal, newsletters and blog, have earned her a large Internet following.
She has partnered with many public health agencies, headlining at professional conferences and is a popular keynote speaker at events hosted by medical schools, fortune 500 corporations, and civic groups throughout the U.S. Speaking engagement highlights range from presenting alongside Bernie Sanders in Flint, Michigan and serving as an opening speaker for Erin Brokovich’s presentation at Revolution Hall in Portland, Oregon.
Tamara educates people about common environmental sources of lead exposure – particularly those lurking in plain sight in our homes – and childhood lead poisoning prevention, and this is your opportunity to have her all to yourself for a one-on-one consultation!
Rates (in most cities):
- $200 per hour
- 2.5 hour minimum [=$500 minimum]
- Some visits will require a 3+hour minimum, depending on the travel time to your location.
- No charge for travel time
- Payment must be made in advance to confirm your time-slot.
- We can send you an invoice for payment or you can use the links on this page.
- If travel time is greater than 30 minutes, 1/2 of round-trip travel time may be charged in addition to the time of the visit. [OR a longer minimum site visit may be required depending on the travel distance.]
- These rates are for when Tamara is in your area already, if you would like to book Tamara to come to your city or state when she is not already going to be there, she needs to confirm at least 25 hours of home visits to make that possible (or 10 hours for areas near a major California airport.)
- Included with your consultation is advance calls/ communications with Tamara (to help you prepare for her visit) as well as follow up questions answered via text, e-mail, or messenger (really unlimited, within reason!)
- Note: Tamara is not (and does not claim to be) a hazard assessor nor to be a lead paint inspector or a risk assessor of any kind. No written reports are provided with her consultations, however you are encouraged to take notes during your time with Tamara.
Thank you for your interested in this important work!
Am I visiting a friend and you live next-door and want me to pop in for a half hour or an hour? Here are two links to confirm “neighbor visit” (only for situations where there is next-to-no travel involved!) [Or to pay extra if you decide to have me stay longer!]