Updated; July 14, 2019
Rates & Minimums Subject To Change.
Would you like Tamara to come to your home to help you detox your life by determining which consumer goods and household items are free of toxicants (lead, mercury, cadmium, arsenic) and which are good candidates for making disappear? In her healthy home consultation she will spend one-on-one time with you to help you make #SaferChoices for your family, giving you a unique set of information and tools (tailored to you!) to help limit your family’s exposure to toxicants.
Tamara a nationally renown expert on lead-poisoning and its prevention, has won numerous awards for her pioneering work in raising awareness of household exposure to neurotoxic lead (and other heavy metals toxicants) and safe work practices in remodeling and remediation – and is the only person ever to win the national “Healthy Homes Hero Award” (pictured here) for consumer advocacy (presented to her in 2011 by a consortium of federal agencies (HUD, USDA, USDoE, CDC & EPA) at the National Healthy Homes Conference in Denver).
Over the past decade her writings have been published widely, and her website (which features extensive database of consumer and household goods she has tested) serves as a virtual encyclopedia on these topics, and together with her news portal, newsletters and blog, have earned her a large Internet following.
She has partnered with many public health agencies, headlining at professional conferences and is a popular keynote speaker at events hosted by medical schools, fortune 500 corporations, and civic groups throughout the U.S. Speaking engagement highlights range from presenting alongside Bernie Sanders in Flint, Michigan and serving as an opening speaker for Erin Brokovich’s presentation at Revolution Hall in Portland, Oregon.
Tamara educates people about common environmental sources of lead exposure – particularly those lurking in plain sight in our homes – and childhood lead poisoning prevention, and this is your opportunity to have her all to yourself for a one-on-one consultation!
Rates (in most cities):
TESTING PARTIES & HOME VISITS* (one-on-one)
- $250 per hour
- 2 hour minimum site visit [=$500 minimum]
- Some visits will require a 3+hour minimum, depending on the travel time to your location.
- No charge for travel time if travel is less than 1 hr. each way
DAY RATES, United States [Subject to Change]
- Pubic Speaking Events: $5,500/ half day or $7,500 full day (up to three events in a full day, schedule permitting). $10,000 for two full days. [Travel time & travel costs included]
- Private Engagements: $2,000/day, plus $1,500 per travel day — depending on location; usually one to two travel days are necessary for a full day of consulting. For example, an East Coast private engagement might require two full travel days but a California private engagement would normally just require one full travel day. [Travel costs (flight, ground transportation, etc.) included]
- Corporate Consumer Goods Consulting: $5,000/full day [Travel time & travel costs included]
- Non U.S. Locations: Rates can be discussed and depend on travel time and additional cost factors.
- Payment must be made in advance to confirm your time-slot.
- We can send you an invoice for payment, or you can use the links on this page.
- If travel time is greater than 30 minutes, 1/2 of round-trip travel time may be charged in addition to the time of the visit. [OR a longer minimum site visit may be required depending on the travel distance.]
- *Home Visit rates are for when Tamara is in your area already; if you would like to book Tamara to come to your city or state when she is not already going to be there, she needs to confirm a private engagement or public speaking engagement to bring her to the area OR at least 25 hours of aggregate home visits to make that possible [or 10 hours for areas that are near a major California airport.]
- Included with your consultation is advance calls/communications with Tamara (to help you prepare for her visit), as well as follow-up questions answered via text, e-mail, or messenger (really unlimited, within reason!)
Legal disclaimer: Tamara is not (and does not claim to be) a Hazard Assessor, Lead Paint Inspector, nor Risk Assessor. And no written reports are provided with her consultations — however, you are encouraged to take notes during your time with Tamara.
Thank you for your interest in this important work!
Am I visiting a friend and you live next-door and want me to pop in for a half hour or an hour? Here are two links to confirm “neighbor visit” or a phone consult (only for situations where there is next-to-no travel involved!) [Or to pay extra if you decide to have me stay longer!]
- Add an additional 30-minutes to your visit – $125.00
(or pay for a 30-minute phone consult.)
- Add an hour to your visit – $250.00
(or pay for a one-hour phone consult.)
- Add 90-minutes to your visit – $375.00
(or pay for a 90-minute consult)
- Add two hours to your visit. – $500.00