Last updated: Friday – July 3, 2020
Do you do phone consultations, Tamara?
I get asked all the time if I do phone consultations for families (or companies, or organizations) looking for advice about keeping their homes (or businesses and environments) Lead-free [or making them at least Lead-safe]. I also get asked all the time if I do online video (Zoom) presentations for community groups or educational institutions. The answer to each of these questions is YES!
I have done phone consultations for about a decade; although it is not a large part of what I do – sometimes (especially in these #CoViD19 times) it can be the best way to help others get answers to pressing questions. Since the pandemic started I also have been doing quite a few Zoom classes and presentations for educational institutions, EPA RRP trainers and community groups.
Interested in hiring me for a phone consultation?
- My current rate for one-on-one phone (or zoom) consultations is $250 an hour.* [Interested in a shorter consult? Check out the image below with pricing. Thanks!]
- I normally have a minimum of one-hour for most phone consultations (most of my phone consultations last between one and two hours), but have just decided to open up a few slots a week for shorter consults for those who may be interested (again, see image below.)
- Prior to our meeting feel free to e-mail me your questions (or a summary) – as well as any photos or reports that you want me to review in our meeting.
- FB message, text or e-mail me to confirm a time. Email: TamaraRubin@mac.com
- I need to receive payment for the first hour in advance of our consultation (to reserve your time slot). If you need additional time, you can pay for that time after we conclude our meeting.
- Preferred payment method is Venmo [to “@TamaraERubin“]
- If you don’t use Venmo, please contact me for additional possible payment methods.
- If you would like me to send you an invoice for your records, I will be happy to do that.
- FYI, the business name is Lead Safe Mama, LLC.
- Note: My rate for group meetings or remote corporate presentations varies with the event; please let me know the specifics of your event and I will get you a quote.
Disclaimer / Clarification / CYA statement
When you hire me as a consultant, it is for my advice – as an activist with 15 years in real-world, on-the ground experience related to Lead-poisoning prevention. While I have won multiple national awards for my advocacy work (including two from the Federal government), I am not a Certified Hazard Inspector; I am also not a medical professional of any kind. If you are seeking medical advice, or need a formal / legal report about the Lead safety of your building or structure, I encourage you to hire an appropriate credentialed professional for those tasks. When possible, through my work (and network of professional contacts) I will help you locate appropriate professionals in your area for these sorts of specific inquiries.
Are you low income?
For low income families who may not be able to afford a one-on-one home consultation, please consider joining The Lead (Pb) Group on Facebook (link here.) Once you join that group, you can ask questions without a fee. There are nearly 9,000 people in the group – with varying levels of experience with the issue of childhood Lead poisoning; childhood Lead poisoning prevention; and Lead in consumer goods, and you may be able to get some good answers to your questions there.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for being here and for supporting my advocacy work, helping families everywhere protect their children from being exposed to Lead in their homes, schools and environment.