The preliminary driving route for most of October:
Introduction (for those new to this website):
Tamara Rubin is a federal-award-winning independent advocate for consumer goods safety and a documentary filmmaker. She is also a mother of Lead-poisoned children, her sons were acutely Lead-poisoned in 2005. Since 2009 Tamara has been using XRF testing (a scientific method used by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission) to test consumer goods for toxicants (specifically heavy metals), including Lead, Cadmium, Mercury, Antimony, and Arsenic. All test results reported on this website are science-based, accurate, and replicable. Items are tested multiple times, to confirm the test results for each component. Tamara’s work was featured in Consumer Reports Magazine in February of 2023.
Calendar Updated: July 28, 2023 — Friday
NOW BOOKING FOR INTERNATIONAL LEAD POISONING PREVENTION MONTH:
Lead Safe Mama is coming to CANADA!
Each year in October, we try to cluster events and home consultations to make things more affordable for families interested in hiring me. We now have THREE appointments in Eastern Canada this coming October. This means I will also be near Buffalo, New York, and Detroit, Michigan! Please let me know if you are in any of those areas (within a two or three-hour drive) and interested in hiring us that week or collaborating with us to coordinate a Lead Safe Mama outreach event in your community. The rest of the month is still open for the entire country (and Eastern Canada, too!). Text me if interested — include your name and location in your text (along with a quick note about how long you have been following this work!) and I will respond by sending you links with more details! Thank you. My cell: 415-609-3182.
March 9, 2023 — Thursday
- A $500 payment toward the deposit is due before July 15th to get your location on the calendar.
- The second $500 of the deposit is due on-or-before July 15th to confirm your date-range.
- These deposits are fully refundable if you need to cancel for any reason up to one month prior to your date.
- The remainder of your consultation or event fee (to finalize your date for October 2023) is due on-or-before August 15, 2023.
- All details can be found on the LeadSafeMama.com “rates” page, here.