November 19, 2022
Yesterday I ended up typing non-stop about the Green Sprouts Leaded Baby Bottle Issue. Today I wanted to send you an email with all of the related posts – including all of the drama from yesterday (or almost all of it, since there is still some that I have not yet finished writing up… because there’s simply not enough time in the day.)
The relevant articles are all included here in this email. Please load remote content for this email and click on any of the articles you have not read – there are some good comments on some of them too (Please do feel free to add your own comments if you are so inclined). Here’s a quick timeline:
1. September 19th – I published my findings about this product
2. November 3 – I published my CPSC violation report for this product
3. November 18 – #1) – I published the article with the full recall text and timeline
4. November 18 – #2) – I published the article with all of my recent communications with Becky, the owner of Green Sprouts
5. November 18 – #3) – I published a post to inform people that the recalled bottles were still available for sale on Amazon
6. November 18 – #4) – I published a short piece confirming that Green Sprouts had removed the recall post from their website (yesterday afternoon)
7. November 18 – #5) – I published a brief piece with some communications sent in by a reader – showing that Green Sprouts knew of the issue in June of 2021 (17 months ago!)
There’s more to write of course (another chapter, including additional recent communications from Becky – and my response – communications discussing why she removed the recall notice from her website… and more) – so stand by, especially if you appreciate a good soap opera involving a company engaged in unethical behavior with a heavy emphasis on greenwashing! The images in this email are links to the above posts in the order that they were published.
My birthday is tomorrow. I will be 53 years old. For my birthday I will be driving to Paris to test the ground and soil around Notre Dame using my XRF instrument. If you want to make a contribution in support of my advocacy work to help me celebrate my birthday… I won’t say “no”! Here’s a link to all the ways you can support this work – financially and otherwise! [Also the big drawing for the Giveaway is happening tomorrow too! I am giving away up to $10,000 in prizes to readers on this email list for my birthday! That means YOU are already entered for at least once chance to win! Please invite your friends to enter if they have not yet entered! Here’s the link for that as well!]
Happy Birthday Tamara!