November 18, 2022 – Friday
11/18/22 PM Update: The recall notice that was on the Green Sprouts website this morning (and is shown on this link) was taken down from their website this afternoon.
A quick search today on Amazon showed several of the Lead-Contaminated #GreenSprouts brand Stainless Steel Baby Bottles / Sippy cups still available for sale — even though the company has published a recall for these bottles due to the high Lead content of the bottom seal (the sealing “dot” that creates the insulating vacuum seal for these bottles). Here’s the link with all of the information about the recall for these bottles. I will be reporting this to the State of Washington regulatory agency that oversees this sort of violation (given Amazon is based in Washington State).
Here are a few links to these bottles on Amazon today
- In green: https://amzn.to/3hRmvc4
- In blue: https://amzn.to/3Xij52b
- In pink: https://amzn.to/3tECf4Q
- In aqua: https://amzn.to/3GqQoKw
Some additional background information:
- This article explains what a Leaded sealing dot is (and looks like) on an insulated stainless steel bottle.
- This article has all of the recent Lead Safe Mama communications with the owner of Green Sprouts.
- This article has our original published findings about Lead in these bottles (from September 20, 2022)
- This article has the violation report filed for these bottles by Lead Safe Mama, LLC.