Why we do what we do here at Lead Safe Mama, LLC
- YOU have a right to know what’s in the products in your home (including your paint and building materials.)
- YOU have a right to make informed decisions for your family and community.
- Through this work, together we can hold corporate America accountable for:
- a lack of transparency (for example, companies secretly changing their materials used in manufacturing and not making a public statement and not issuing public recalls for previously sold Leaded products),
- mistakes made out of ignorance (like not knowing their product has Lead and selling it as “Lead free” without doing comprehensive appropriate testing – testing required for each and every component and coating in order to make that determination)
- & for outright lies (like continuing to market things as Lead free even when they now know the product has Lead.)
Ways to support this work…
The work of Lead Safe Mama, LLC is a collaborative effort with our readers, friends and social media followers. Readers (like you!) help direct what we test and report on here on the blog and readers (also like you!) help cover the cost of the testing as well. Here are the different ways you can make an impact in supporting this work!
- FREE; Sharing Posts: Readers can support the work at no cost by sharing the posts and pages of the blog with your social media networks and communities (we earn about 1 cent per page view from our marketing contracts… and nearly twice that during the holiday season.) [About 25% of our business income comes from folks reading the pages of this blog!]
- FREE: Lead Safe Mama Advocacy Cards: Ask us to send you some “Lead Safe Mama Advocacy Cards” to give out in your community. They are business card size cards with pictures of objects many people might find familiar (objects that are all very high in Lead)… with the words “Do your dishes have unsafe levels of Lead? Find out at LeadSafeMama.com” on them. The goal behind these cards is to give you a tool to have to start conversations with folks for whom the images of these very familiar [Very Toxic] objects may resonate. Email us (at TamaraRubin@mac.com) to request some free advocacy cards & a volunteer will send them right out to you!
- FREE (no extra cost to you): Amazon Shopping: Readers can support the work (also at no extra cost) by starting their Amazon shopping with a click on a Lead Safe Mama Amazon Affiliate link (like this one). You don’t need to buy what we recommend for us to earn a percentage of what you spend (again, at no extra cost to you!) – just start your Amazon shopping with a click on one of our links and we may earn a percentage of your whole Amazon order (usually in the range of 3 to 6%.) Unfortunately there is no way to set us as a default (to earn a percentage each time you shop on Amazon), but readers have shared that they save one of our blog pages with an affiliate link (like this page) as a favorite and just go to that page and click the link before they start their shopping each time. Here’s a random Lead Safe Mama, LLC affiliate link: https://amzn.to/3iOFoJw [About 25% of our business income is through affiliate link purchases each month.]
- FREE (no extra cost to you!): Shop on ShopLeadSafeMama.com: You can also choose to shop on Amazon via our new sister website ShopLeadSafeMama.com, which only has links to Lead-free choices! [Earnings through this site are part of the 25% in affiliate income noted above.]
- FREE: Join the Lead Poisoning Prevention with Lead Safe Mama Facebook group!
- ANY AMOUNT -Make a direct contribution: See below for ways to make a direct contribution in support of this work. All contributions (through all contribution pathways) are reported as income to Lead Safe Mama, LLC. We are NOT a nonprofit. We are – instead – a woman-owned small business environmental advocacy organization with a very unusual business model based on foundation of collaboration with the public. As such, contributions are NOT tax deductible in any way. [Between 5 and 10% of our business income comes from contributions each month.]
- Subscribe: Join our paid Facebook Subscriber group with a monthly gift of $35.42 (for one month or 4 or 6!) and be part of our paid subscriber group on Facebook (where your questions will be answered by Tamara personally – fairly immediately!) Here’s the link with info on how to be part of that subscriber group!
- Hire Tamara for corporate advising, a community outreach event, or a one-on-one home consultation.
- Here’s the page with details about community Lead Poisoning Prevention outreach events (hiring Tamara to come do a presentation or larger event for your community, school or business.)
- Here’s the page with the upcoming (January 2022) Lead Safe Mama travel schedule – Link.
- Here’s the page with details on hiring Tamara for a phone consult or zoom consult
- [In recent years about 40% of our business income comes from events, corporate consulting and working directly with families in a consulting / advising capacity.]
Thank you for being a partner in this work and in expanding the reach and impact of this message.
Ways to make a direct contribution in support of this work or to pay your deposit for a home consultation or small community event (Venmo preferred):
- Venmo: @TamaraERubin
- Zelle: 503-702-2708
- PayPal: TamaraRubin@mac.com
- GoFundMe link