- To learn more about the testing methodology employed for the test results reported on this website, click here.
- For a quick menu to explore more categories of tested items on this website, click here.
- For a quick video tutorial showing you how to most efficiently use this website (including all the ways to find Lead-free consumer goods we have tested and reported on), click here.
- To learn more about hiring Tamara for a one-on-one home consultation or a small community event, click here.
- To find out how to send a single item in for testing, click here.
- Please follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter!
- Please subscribe to the Lead Safe Mama, LLC e-mail newsletter to be among the first to see any and all newly published test results here on the website too!
- To check out our new(ish) site that only has Lead-free things for sale, click here!
Published: Friday, February 4 – 2022
Clear glass / drinking glass with cow pattern embossed into glass
- Lead (Pb): 9 +/- 3 ppm
- Cadmium (Cd): 6 +/- 2 ppm
- Mercury (Hg): non-detect
- Arsenic (As): non-detect
- Bromine (Br): non-dectect
- Chromium (Cr): non-detect
- Iron (Fe): 1,592 +/- 65 ppm
- Zinc (Zn): 23 +/- 5 ppm
- Indium (In): 6 +/- 3 ppm
- Tin (Sn): 46 +/- 3 ppm
- Bismuth (Bi): 21 +/- 4 ppm
- No other metals detected in consumer goods mode.
For those new to this website:
Tamara Rubin is a Federal-award-winning independent advocate for consumer goods safety and a documentary filmmaker. She is also a mother of Lead-poisoned children. Tamara’s sons were acutely Lead-poisoned in August of 2005. She began testing consumer goods for toxicants in 2009 and was the parent-advocate responsible for finding Lead in the popular fidget spinner toys in 2017. Tamara uses XRF testing (a scientific method used by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission) to test consumer goods for toxicants (specifically heavy metals), including Lead, Cadmium, Mercury, Antimony and Arsenic. All test results reported on this website are science-based, accurate and replicable. Items are tested multiple times to confirm the test results for each component tested. Please click through to this link to learn more about the testing methodology used for the test results discussed and reported on this website.