Published: November 8, 2023
Updated: December 3, 2024
Hello all! As I shared last week (linked here) I am booking now (early!) for May and June 2024.
Note: We are raising our rates for in-person home consultation (see below for new 2024 rates). Unfortunately, we have to do this because, as we saw in October 2023 — which was an entire month of travel while working with families across the U.S. and Canada, and increased costs for that travel, including flights, gas, hotels, rental cars, etc. — we have not been covering our costs during pre-set travel months each year.
We cluster home consultations together for these pre-set travel months (which enables us to not charge separate travel fees to families who need help — making our consultations more affordable for families and small community groups).
In order to make this raise in rates a little more tolerable (specifically on the pocketbooks of families who are already planning on booking me for 2024), for any 2024 consults booked/ reserved (with payment in full) before December 31, 2023, we will honor our 2023 rates. Here are the details for booking a 2024 consult at 2023 rates:
- Look at the May/ June 2024 calendar below to see when and where we are generally going to be.
- If you are within a 3-hour drive of a noted location, you can book during one of the dates that already has a location set.
- If you are not within a 3-hour drive of a noted location, you can book during one of the days with “???” on the date.
- To tentatively reserve your date, please contact Tamara Rubin (email: TamaraRubin @ Mac dot com or text: 415-609-3182) to confirm the date is available for your location.
- Once we confirm a date/ date-range, we will e-mail you an invoice for your consultation.
- To reserve a date on our 2024 travel schedule at 2023 rates, payment in full (of $2,000) is required at the time you make your reservation (before December 31, 2023). Full details regarding the new 2024 rate for consultations during travel months (and also during other times), are below.
- Funds paid are fully refundable if you choose to cancel on or before March 1, 2024 (per our refund policy linked at the bottom of every page of this site.)
Lead Safe Mama Home Consultations
Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)
- What happens in a home consultation? How do I prepare for a home consultation?
- How many items can be tested in a consultation?
- What instrumentation do you use for testing?
- What certifications do you hold?
- Some locations will require XRF instrument registration before I come to you. Here are links to my current (active) registration certificates (11/1/2023). If you live in an area that requires instrument registration, I will take care of that before I come to you:
Here’s the current 2024 Lead Safe Mama travel schedule
with availability for consultations in the U.S. and Canada
(Different colors are just included to note different locations)
New Rates for 2024
- One-on-One Home Consultations during Lead Safe Mama, LLC’s pre-set travel months in 2024: $3,000
- For 2024 this is the May/ June schedule noted in the calendar graphic above as well as the full month of October 2024.
- This includes all travel costs to your location in the U.S. or Canada (flight, hotels, ground transportation, etc.)
- This includes a one-on-one 3-to-4 hour in-person consultation with Tamara Rubin.
- This includes follow-up support via text and phone.
- One-on-One Home Consultation rates for U.S. destinations outside of pre-set travel travel months:
- $3,000 for your 3-to-4 hour consultation
- Including follow-up support via text and phone
- $1,500 per travel day to come to you (travel is usually from our home base of Portland, Oregon).
- Most locations require two travel days (for example, the East Coast) – so $3,000 in travel costs.
- Some USA West Coast locations require only one travel day (such as California, Colorado, Idaho, or Washington State) – so $1,500 in travel costs.
- The total for consultations starting January 2024 ranges from $4,500 to $6,000 (this = a consultation fee and all travel day fees).
- $3,000 for your 3-to-4 hour consultation
- Note: I will travel anywhere in the world to work with families or communities (including working with hospitals, health departments and educational institutions). For consultations outside of the United States, rates will be calculated on a case-by-case basis and include:
- actual travel costs
- travel day fees
- consultation fee
- XRF permitting/ registration fees when relevant
- Rates for in-person Speaking Engagements, Trainings, and Outreach Events are published separately and start at $5,500 per half-day engagement and $8,000 per full-day engagement.
~ End ~