I get this question (in some form or another) ALL.THE.TIME!:
“Tamara, which crock pot do you recommend?” or
“Tamara, which slow cooker is Lead-free?”
My answer: I do not ever recommend ANY ceramic-lined crock pot or slow cooker in ANY brand or model or style. Period.
- Ceramic-lined crock pots are far more likely to have at least some amount of Lead (than most other types of pots and pans.)
- These slow cookers are often used to cook acidic foods.
- For many folks, these small, convenient set-and-forget appliances are often used daily and constantly — especially by larger families and families with young children.
- Lead levels in these products tend to vary from batch to batch.
- To date, no brand that I have tested has been consistently Lead-free.
- Ceramics with Lead have been shown to leach over time – despite whether they were initially found to comply with current leach-testing standards at the time of manufacture.
Thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.
Please let me know if you ever have any remaining questions after exploring the posts on my blog.