One of my readers had these shipped directly to me (from Israel) in late-2018. I believe it was an Etsy purchase and there was also a cute note from the Etsy seller in the box!
When tested with an XRF instrument this oil lamp had the following readings:
- Zinc (Zn): 402 +/- 32 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 36,700 +/- 800 ppm
- Vanadium (V): 207 +/- 44 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 3,112 +/- 144 ppm
- Indium (In): 17 +/- 8 ppm
- Magnesium (Mn): 520 +/- 151 ppm
Metals not listed were not detected by the XRF. All readings were done for at least 60 seconds with levels confirmed with multiple readings reaching similar (or the same) results – within the margin of error.
For fun I also tested the little glass bottle full of olive oil (a full bottle, so there is no way to make a distinction as to what was the oil and what was the bottle):
The glass had the following readings:
- Barium (Ba): 2,046 +/- 71 ppm
- Bromine (Br): 11 +/- 2 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 417 +/- 110 ppm
- Vanadium (V): 1,665 +/- 78 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 3,027 +/- 135 ppm
The metal top had the following readings
- Barium (Ba): 870 +/- 238 ppm
- Zinc (Zn): 44 +/- 19 ppm
- Copper (Cu): 353 +/- 29 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 2,586 +/- 95 ppm
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.