Little People, Vintage: as high as 1,466 ppm lead
Both the plastic substrate and painted faces contain unsafe levels of lead. With these little guys that is a big problem, because children ALWAYS seem to pop them in their mouths! And the part that they are most likely to suck on is the head, which is painted with lead paint that can wear off (note the missing paint on the eye and eyebrow of the little green guy pictured here.)
The amount of lead that is considered safe in a new/modern item intended for children is 100 ppm in the substrate and 90 ppm in the paint or coating.
TIP: Avoid all vintage toys! (sorry)
Here are some links to new/modern #LeadFree versions of some similar toys on Amazon!*
To make a contribution in support of my independent consumer goods testing and lead poisoning prevention advocacy work, click here. Thank you!