Originally Posted: January 29, 2017
Updated: December 18, 2020
Short Term Earnings / Fundraising Goal TODAY: $3,500
Contributions so far this week (as of 12/23 – 6:30 p.m.): $485.00
Scroll to the bottom of the page for a full financial update as it relates to my legal case.
Readers and friends often asked if they can “chip in” in support of the childhood Lead poisoning prevention advocacy work of Lead Safe Mama, LLC, – either just to say, “Thank You” – or to help in some small – or big – way (with a specific thing, with the legal defense of my advocacy work, or just to help in general.) The work I do has always been a collaborative effort with my readers (with them helping to direct what I test and write about and also helping to cover the cost of testing and other costs of my advocacy). In this respect, we are truly a team and I always welcome your contributions!
I deeply appreciate your generosity and have created this page to help make it easy to “chip in”. PayPal buttons are below — but there are other ways to chip in listed under the PayPal buttons, as well. Also, to see a specific (updated) list of costs I am working to cover (related to my advocacy) please scroll down below the heart-shaped buttons!
FYI & to be clear, I am not affiliated with any nonprofit, and your contributions here will therefore not be tax-deductible – just very much appreciated! Click the “Pay Now” button below (to contribute any amount) or choose one of the hearts below to contribute that specific amount!
Each and every contribution received (through all channels) is reported as income to Lead Safe Mama, LLC on our taxes.
More PayPal Buttons!
I added the buttons below for fun! 🙂 In case anyone just won the lottery or is otherwise feeling generous!
Other ways to chip in in support of the work here on LeadSafeMama.com…
- Donate via GoFundMe, this is a link for that too!
- For Venmo: “@TamaraERubin”
- For Zelle: 503-702-2708
- …continue reading below….
Tamara, what do you need to raise money for right now?
Updated December 18, 2020
#1) OngoingOperating Costs
Monthly goal to help with operating costs (in support of the testing we report on and other information we share here on this website) for Lead Safe Mama, LLC: about $2,500.00 a month- Including…
- Website Hosting Fees (ongoing): about $70/ month
- Website Maintenance, Security & Development (ongoing): approximately $325/ month
- Mailing List Fees (e-mail list/ ongoing): about $65 / month
- Bookkeeping / Accounting costs (ongoing): about $600 / month (separate from work on the lawsuit)
- Toxic Product Storage (ongoing – for the book and museum exhibit): about $150/month
- Product Example Purchasing / Acquisition (intermittent – purchasing items for testing & reporting on for the blog): $150 – $250 / month (depends on funds available).
- Postage / Shipping (ongoing): $100 to $300 /month
- Testing Supplies & Equipment (ongoing): varies – $250-$2,000/month
#2) Legal Team & Related Expenses
- My legal battle in defense of my advocacy work (started in 2016) has left me more than $300,000 in debt.
- Related to the legal battle, on August 28, 2019, we filed suit in Federal Court, suing the State of Oregon for 6 counts of Civil Rights violations against me – violations that collectively attempted to undermined my advocacy work and attempted to discredit me. You can read that full lawsuit by clicking here.
- In November of 2020 the attorneys for the State contacted my attorneys and told me they want to settle (they want to mediate how much they can pay me to settle this and keep it out of the courts, avoiding a jury trial!) While this is an exciting development it is still an unknown when this may settle (if we come to a settlement agreement at all).
- Our settlement conference is scheduled for January 14, 2021!
As of November 2020 I have (somehow miraculously) already paid off about $70,000 in debt related to this case (the original total was closer to $400,000 owed) from earned income, but below is a breakdown of the more urgent things I still need to cover (the rest can wait until the lawsuit settles):
My current goal to cover most urgent $ due for my legal team, loans from friends to cover those expenses & related costs (12/18/2020) is $90,000+ (see breakdown below.)
- $14,000 for one attorney (for the concluded case against the State)
- $12,000 remaining due for the legal team who handled the IRS investigative audit on my case
- $12,000 remaining due for the legal team who handled my illegal arrest
- $52,000 to repay loans from 10 friends / readers / fans to cover some of the costs of this ordeal
… and that’s still just a handful of the people and businesses that still need to be paid/repaid for supporting my work during this time (Total remaining outstanding debt at this moment is about $318,000.)
If you prefer to send a check you can do that too – address below! [& if you want to send a check directly to any one of my attorneys, let me know and I will get you their contact information! Thank you!]