Over the past three years people have often asked if they can “chip in” in support of my work, just to say, “Thank You” – or to help in some small – or big – way (with a specific thing, with the legal defense of my advocacy work, or just to help in general.) The work I do has always been a collaborative effort with my readers (with them helping to direct what I test and write about and also helping to cover the cost of testing and other costs of my advocacy). In this respect, we are truly a team and I always welcome your contributions!
I deeply appreciate your generosity and have created this page to help make it easy to “chip in” via PayPal. [Sort of a “GoFundMe without GoFundMe”!] Thank you! The PayPal buttons are below — but there are other ways to chip in listed under the PayPal buttons, as well. Also, to see a specific list of costs I am working to cover (related to my advocacy) please scroll down below the heart-shaped buttons!
FYI & to be clear, I am not affiliated with any nonprofit, and your contributions here will therefore not be tax-deductible – just very much appreciated! Click the “Pay Now” button below (to contribute any amount) or choose one of the hearts below to contribute that specific amount!
Each and every contribution received is reported as income to Lead Safe Mama, LLC on our taxes.
More PayPal Buttons!
I added the buttons below for fun! 🙂 In case anyone just won the lottery or is otherwise feeling generous!
Other ways to chip in in support of the work here on LeadSafeMama.com…
- Donate via GoFundMe, this is a link for that too!
- For Venmo: “@TamaraERubin”
- For Zelle: 503-702-2708
- …continue reading below….
Tamara, what do you need to raise money for right now?
Updated December 8, 2019
#1) Operating Costs
Monthly fundraising goal to help with operating costs (in support of the testing we report on and other information we share here on this website) for Lead Safe Mama, LLC (9/22/2019): about $1,500.00 a month- Including…
- Website Hosting Fees (ongoing): about $70/ month
- Website Maintenance, Security & Development (ongoing): approximately $225/ month
- XRF Rental Bill Payments (outstanding): $250/ month
- Mailing List Fees (e-mail list/ ongoing): about $65 / month
- Bookkeeping / Accounting costs (ongoing): about $600 / month (separate from work on the lawsuit)
- Toxic Product Storage (ongoing – for the book and museum exhibit): about $150/month
- Product Example Purchasing / Acquisition (intermittent – purchasing items for testing & reporting on for the blog): $150 – $250 / month (depends on funds available).
- Postage / Shipping (ongoing): $100 to $300 /month
- Testing Supplies & Equipment (ongoing): varies – $250-$2,000/month
#2) Legal Team
My legal battle in defense of my advocacy work has left me more than $300,000 in debt. As of August 28, 2019, we are now suing the State of Oregon in Federal Court for 6 counts of Civil Rights violations against me. You can read that full lawsuit by clicking here.
My current fundraising goal to cover most urgent $ due for my legal team, loans & related costs (12/8/2019) is $66,000+. In the absence of selling my family honey farm in Napa (and prior to the conclusion of my case against the state, which should include restitution for the costs incurred) I am working to pay my debt with earned income (or loans or contributions if necessary – but I would prefer to earn enough to cover all of this – so please do hire me for a home consultation or outreach event!)
- $14,000 for one attorney (for the concluded case against the State)
- $12,000 remaining due for the legal team who handled the IRS investigative audit on my case
- $12,000 remaining due for the legal team who handled my illegal arrest
- $10,000 to repay loans that were given to hire the attorney for the federal case
- $3,600 for forensic bookkeeper #1 who worked on my legal cases
- $3,000 for forensic bookkeeper #2 who worked on my legal cases
- $5,000 to repay “Mama D” who loaned me money towards my legal costs early on
- $1,000 to repay “Mama S” who loaned me money towards my legal costs early on
- $3,500 to repay “Mama L” who loaned me money towards my legal costs early on
- $2,500 to repay “Mama K” who loaned me money towards my legal costs early on
- … and that’s just a handful of the costs that still need to be paid/repaid!
If you prefer to send a check you can do that too – address below! [& if you want to send a check directly to any one of my attorneys, let me know and I will get you their contact information! Thank you!]