Thank you all for supporting the work shared here on the Lead Safe Mama blog – and specifically, thank you for reading and sharing my posts with your friends and communities. Without your engagement and participation, none of what we are accomplishing together (spreading the word about childhood Lead poisoning and the importance of child Lead poisoning prevention) would be happening.
Yesterday I published a detailed stats update for LeadSafeMama.com / TamaraRubin.com – you can read that here. At that time July 2020 – (in spite of the pandemic swirling around us!) – had just made the “Top Ten Best Ever Months” list for LeadSafeMama.com – vaulting past 10th and closing out the day in 9th place (just a few hundred views shy of 8th place by the end of the day yesterday.)
As of this morning, July 2020 is up to 7th place on the #BestMonthsEver list, with over 205,500 unique views as of the moment of publishing this post. July 2020 will easily be in 6th place by this evening and (if things continue as they have for the past several days) will be in 5th place by tomorrow morning (Thursday – July 30th.) It would take a miracle of unprecedented proportions to reach 4th place (currently held by February 2020, with 351,421 unique views!) so I won’t expect to happen – BUT July is likely to close out with more than 230,000 unique page views.
But that’s not the most exciting bit of news…
For me, the monthly views and the “Top Ten” list of months is not the most exciting bit of news this month. The most exciting bit of news is that more than 3,000,000 people have read my blog in the past several years, as evidenced by passing the 7,000,000 “unique view” mark yesterday:
Some related fun facts – from JetPack:
(you can see all of this on the chart below)
- 7,010,418 = Total views to date (since the blog started in 2014):
- 13,700 = total views in 2014
- 13,493 = total views in 2015
- 28,661 = total views in 2016
- 502,881 = total views in 2017
- 859,201 = views in 2018
- 3,826,912 = views in 2019! and
- 1,766,230 = views so far in 2020 (still strong, in spite of the pandemic!)
- If things keep going for 2020 as they have been we may reach about 3,100,000 views for the 2020 calendar year. Given the crash in readership caused by the pandemic… that’s not half bad!
Some related fun facts – from Google Analytics:
- 76,634 = unique individual readers in 2017*
- 286,751 = unique individual readers in 2018*
- 1,948,249 = unique individual readers in 2019
- 729,216 = unique individual readers in 2020 to date – in spite of the pandemic! (in over 200 countries!)
- Adding these numbers together, that’s 3,040,850 unique individual readers (per Google Analytics) since 2016! Three million people is a heck of a lot of people!
- *Note: I didn’t properly start tracking my site on Google Analytics until late in 2018!
Thank you again for supporting this work (and for spreading the word about childhood Lead poisoning and Lead poisoning prevention) by sharing the posts here on this blog (and helping me work towards the goal of having this work be 100% self-sustaining!) [Per the post yesterday, the blog would be 100% self-sustaining with about 20,000 views a day – or about 600,000 views each month!]