Introduction (for those new to this website):
Tamara Rubin is a federal-award-winning independent advocate for consumer goods safety and a documentary filmmaker. She is also a mother of Lead-poisoned children, her sons were acutely Lead-poisoned in 2005. Since 2009 Tamara has been using XRF testing (a scientific method used by the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission) to test consumer goods for toxicants (specifically heavy metals), including Lead, Cadmium, Mercury, Antimony, and Arsenic. All test results reported on this website are science-based, accurate, and replicable. Items are tested multiple times, to confirm the test results for each component tested. Tamara’s work was featured in Consumer Reports Magazine in February of 2023.
Published on December 15, 2019
Hello all! I created this post to be a summary (a directory of a kind) answering this question for those starting from the “Start Here” page. Below are links to some of my more important articles about symptoms of Lead poisoning — both generally and specifically in terms of how my family has been impacted. Click here to go back to the “Start Here” post. As with everything I write about, I am trying to give my readers a starting point to do their own research and better know what questions to ask and what points to consider when making decisions for their families.
Please let me know if you think I am missing anything from the list below.
- The best way to understand the symptoms of Lead poisoning would be to watch my documentary film.
- Symptoms in Adults
- Symptoms in Children
- Symptoms in Pregnant Women & Birth Impacts
- Symptoms of low-level Lead exposure
- Avi’s symptoms, 10th birthday update
- Lead Poisoning vs. Autism
- Example of Avi’s writing at 12 years old (given his visual memory in the 4th percentile due to acute Lead poisoning as an infant)
- Symptoms in legendary artists
- Avi’s severe plaque psoriasis, 13 years old
- Potential symptoms of acute exposure (in response to Notre Dame fire)
- A.J.’s symptoms, 15th birthday update
As always, please let me know if you have any questions. I will do my best to respond to you as soon as I can!