While this pan is Lead-free (and is also negative for other toxicants like Cadmium, Arsenic and Mercury) I would not personally choose to use something like this in my home. The main reason for my concern with a pan like this is that the surface coating wears off.
I tried to capture (in the photos below) the level of wear on the surface and edges of the food surface of the pan.
It is my understanding that this sort of “ceramic” (Titanium-based) non-stick coating has not been studied enough to fully determine that it is actually safe for use by humans, especially given the degree to which the surface coating may wear into the food being prepared in the vessel (under normal use conditions.)
Here’s my affiliate link to these pans on Amazon* so you can see them “in the wild”: https://amzn.to/2RunvUQ
In general I stay away from the following types of pans:
- Pans with non-stick coatings
- Pans with ceramic coatings
- Pans with rubberized handles
- Pans with colorful decorative enameled exterior (or interior) surfaces
- Pans with decorative yellow brass elements
For cooking whenever possible I like to stick with:
- Plain undecorated cast iron
- Plain undecorated high quality stainless steel
- Plain undecorated clear glass
- Bamboo or other wood (steamers, spoons, etc.)
When tested with an XRF instrument this “GREEN+LIFE” saucepan had the following readings:
Interior White Food Surface:
(if a metal is not listed it was not detected by the XRF)
All tests done for a minimum of 60 seconds.
- Zinc (Zn): 74 +/- 16 ppm
- Copper (Cu): 159 +/- 30 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 3,198 +/- 197 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 63,800 +/- 1,600 ppm
- Platinum (Pt): 230 +/- 38 ppm
- Magnesium (Mn): 3,111 +/- 262 ppm
Exterior Mint Green / Teal Colored Surface:
- Zinc (Zn): 2,222 +/- 103 ppm
- Nickel (Ni): 5,957 +/- 243 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 4,336 +/- 282 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 39,700 +/- 1,300 ppm
- Platinum (Pt): 241 +/- 56 ppm
- Cobalt (Co): 6,027 +/- 280 ppm
- Magnesium (Mn): 4,217 +/- 367 ppm
Continue reading below image.
Green Plastic/Rubberized Handle:
- Zinc (Zn): 17 +/- 9 ppm
- Copper (Cu): 31 +/- 11 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 366 +/- 35 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 18,100 +/- 500 ppm
Logo Area of Rubberized Handle:
- Barium (Ba): 215 +/- 107 ppm
- Zinc (Zn): 18 +/- 10 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 305 +/- 34 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 16,700 +/- 500 ppm
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.