Mug with “silver” border (where your lips would go!) It turns out the “silver” is achieved by using Leaded glaze! Inside of cup is 845 ppm lead, “silver” border is 104,700 ppm Lead. Tested with an XRF instrument in 2014.
I apologize that I did not capture information about the maker or pattern on this piece.
The amount of lead that is considered toxic in an item intended for children is anything 90 ppm or higher in the paint, glaze or coating. Vintage dishware is not regulated for total lead content. Experts (and government agencies) agree that there is no safe level of lead exposure. Lead is toxic even in microscopic amounts.
For guidance in choosing Lead-free cups, Click HERE.
Thank you for reading and for sharing these posts.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them personally.