Vintage Pyrex “Spring Blossom Green” pattern casserole: 110,000 ppm lead in the white flowers.
It just takes a microscopic amount of lead to poison a child.
The amount of lead that is considered toxic for children in a new / modern item created and sold as intended to be used by a child is 90 ppm lead.
90 ppm lead (and higher) is toxic to children. Vintage dishware was not regulated for total lead content as detectable for an XRF. Modern dishware is also not regulated in this way. The only thing that is regulated in this way is toys or other items manufactured specifically for use by children.
This Crazy Daisy casserole is 110,000 ppm lead! not 90, not 900, not 9,000 and not even 90,000! but One Hundred and Ten Thousand Parts Per Million Lead! – that is 11% lead in the coating.
To make a contribution in support of my independent consumer goods testing and lead poisoning prevention advocacy work, click here. Thank you!