Email I received from Bindle Bottle – 2/17/2023
Text Exchange with Consumer Reports’ Reporter 2/17/23:
From the Consumer Reports article (full article linked below):
Friday – February 17, 2023
Link to the Consumer reports article here.
It’s not every month that one has their work mentioned (and linked) in three separate articles in Consumer Reports Magazine! Below are just some of the additional links related to the issue of the Lead-contaminated Bindle Bottle brand products. Thank you to everyone who helped make this recall possible. The work of Lead Safe Mama, LLC is really a team effort that relies heavily on input and support from our readers and greater online community! Outside of the fact that I first brought up the issues with this product in November of 2018, this recall came together pretty quickly – from Lead Safe Mama, LLC’s testing and reporting first published on January 3, 2023 to the recall announced by the company on February 17th – just 46 days later! [Now let’s see if we can get the same expedited reaction to happen with the Cupkin products in the coming week!]
Additional links (including just a sample of the relevant news links as it seems there were hundreds of stories covering this across the United States and beyond!);
- February 17, 2023 – MSN Coverage of the Bindle Bottle Recall
- February 17, 2023 – Consumer Reports Coverage of the Bindle Bottle Recall
- February 13, 2023 – Daily Mail Coverage of the Bindle Bottle Concern
- February 13, 2023 – WLTX Bindle Bottle Lead Concern Coverage
- February 11, 2023 – CBS News Article of the Bindle Bottle Concern
- February 10, 2023 – Yahoo News Article covering the Bindle Bottle Concern
- February 10, 2023 – Consumer Reports Piece
- February 9, 2023 – Timeline through this date
- February 9, 2023 – Lead Safe Mama, LLC CPSC Violation Report
- January 4, 2023 – Lead Safe Mama, LLC Letter to the Owner of Bindle Bottle
- January 3, 2033 – Lead Safe Mama, LLC summary piece with details, advertising images showing use of the product with food and video showing reactive agent testing.
- November 10, 2018 – Original Article Noting Lead Safe Mama, LLC’s concerns with this product.
Tim Pye says
They are still available on Amazon both in the UK and USA. I guess it takes time for action to be taken by retailers
Amazing work, Tamara! So glad your efforts are being recognized and publicized.