October 1, 2022 – Saturday
Wait. What? Why?
Hello friends! At the bottom of this post there are four images with a full summary of all Lead Safe Mama, LLC advertising and affiliate income to date – since we began each of our advertising and affiliate contracts (beginning in December of 2016.) The first of the four images is a small graphic showing the annual totals – of all three sources of income, combined [the sections in pink in each chart are projected / anticipated totals]. The purple month on each chart is this month (October, 2022) – and since today is the first day of the month (and no income has been earned yet), those are also projected totals for the month of October.
Here are all of the reasons I am sharing this information now…
- In years past, I have typically shared this information (financial updates that reflect the growth and impact of the work we do here) at the beginning of the calendar year (January 1), with EOY totals for the previous year. This year, having finally recently purchased an update for FileMaker Pro, my long-time favorite database development platform [my copy of which was ancient, and had languishing — waiting, due to budgetary considerations, for years to be updated!], I have been burning the midnight oil designing a brand-new comprehensive database for fine-grain tracking of all the business expenses and different streams of revenue to help me with my taxes / organizing all of the endless bits and pieces of related information I need to track and manage! With the timing of acquiring this new database development tool coinciding with the Jewish New Year (which is my personal time for planning for the future — for both my family and my business) it seemed like a good time to share this financial update, which I have been working on for the past several weeks. [I also never got around to sharing a complete EOY update at the end of 2021, so again – it seemed like one was due!]
- I like to share these earnings charts with the Lead Safe Mama readership, both for full transparency, and so you can see the impact y’all are having (in making this work possible!) Our goal has always been to achieve a minimum of $120,000 in annual advertising and affiliate income (combined). This is an amount that will serve as a solid foundation in covering the base COSTS of the work we do here, so that anything earned above and beyond that amount (via consulting, speaking engagements, or other channels) will make it possible for everyone who works with Lead Safe Mama, LLC to be paid a living wage AND will help make it possible for us to hire more help – to grow and expand the reach and impact of our work. Any advertising and affiliate earnings above $120,000 (as a base) will also enable us to begin repaying the $300,000+ in debt we have incurred as a result of our ongoing Federal Civil Rights legal battle.
- At the top of this page you can see the readership numbers on the website to date. When you take a look at these numbers and compare them to the earnings numbers (below), you can clearly see how the readership numbers directly correlate to earnings. It is for this reason we have set a “sustainability goal” for the business (a readership level that will ensure all of the costs of the business are covered moving forward) at 600,000 page views per month. A minimum of 600,000 page views per month (or a minimum of 7,200,000 page views per year) would ensure all of the costs of the work we do here are covered, and would help us engage in new activities / expanded activities for the reach and impact of this work – making it possible for us to help make sure as many people as possible have access to (and awareness of) the free resources we make available for consumer goods safety, and childhood Lead-poisoning prevention.
- Lastly, I am sharing these numbers now (today, vs. any other day) because these Lead Safe Mama, LLC financials support my inquiry into securing a grant or loan to fund an awareness campaign in the New York City Subway System this Fall (starting at the end of October and running through Thanksgiving – if I am able to raise funds quickly enough!).
- The amount we are seeking would cover the design, production and placement of 2,000 (two thousand) 11″ x 70″ ceiling panels (printed panels at the edge of the ceiling in 2,000 of New York City’s 6,000 subway cars, for a four-week placement.) See image directly below.
- This print campaign would allow us to create four distinct panels (each with different images). There are draft mockups of two of the four concepts below.
- Based on our advertising and affiliate income and growth to date (combined with anticipated advertising earning rates for the 4th quarter of the year – which can be typically two or three times the per-page-view earning rates of other months), I believe that if we are able to get a business loan (or grant) to cover the costs of this campaign [$76,000 which would be paid to the advertising agency and $10,000 of which would be used to cover costs on our end related to managing the campaign – for a total of $86,000], the additional revenue generated through resultant increased website traffic would likely be sufficient to cover the costs of the campaign (making it possible to repay any loans secured to help make the campaign happen).
- If you know of a business or individual that might be interested in helping to fund this opportunity with a business loan (an opportunity which would be – in essence – “a site-specific installation art exhibit for Lead-poisoning prevention awareness“) please be in touch: TamaraRubin at mac.com or 415-609-3182. Thank you!
- We expect that there is a high likelihood that this campaign (if successful) will also generate a new level of national press and attention on the issue of Childhood Lead-Poisoning. One primary goal would be to generate increased awareness for the concern of Lead in modern / newly-manufactured baby bottles sold today (something which the national news media has yet to generate appropriate coverage for!)
NOTE: The numbers in the charts below are gross business income before any related fees and business expenses. These numbers are also listed based on month earned (not month paid) and most advertising and affiliate $ are paid with a two-month delay.
Scroll down to see two mockups of the proposed ads for these subway panels & then continue scrolling to see our full advertising and affiliate earnings since 2016.