November 2, 2020 – Monday
This is the fourth post in a series of posts about this situation (The discovery of Lead in Paulie Jars sold by Mighty Nest as “Lead Free”)
So far there are three additional posts up related to this product, and I will update this list as additional posts are published.
- Initial post reporting these findings – 10/31/2020
- The post with the initial response from Mighty Nest – 11/1/2020
- The post with the response from Paulie Jar – 11/1/2020
This morning, Chris (the CEO of Might Nest) emailed me again! Here’s his email. My response is below.
My response to Chris’ email from this morning
Sent at 12:12 p.m. EST
– excuse the typos because I wrote this with kids underfoot!
His original e-mail this morning in text form
– for those using a text reader (like my son does!)
On Nov 2, 2020, at 10:59 AM, Christopher Conn wrote:
Hi Tamara – I hope your day with your family went well and that your kids had the best halloween possible in these different times.I wanted to share an update. We are expecting to hear additional details from Paulie Jar in the next day or two, but we’ve decided to not wait. We are going to email all customers who purchased this product from us today to let them know what has been discovered and to inform them that they will receive a full refund for any Paulie Jars purchased.Thank you,Chris