August 2019 Update: Given Tupperware’s limited response since this issue first came up in March of 2019 (see post below), I have started a Change.org petition asking for a more formal proactive response from the company, click here to sign it.
The image below includes my original communication and the full response that I got from Tupperware in March of 2019. For those new to the concern of Lead, Cadmium, Arsenic and Mercury found in vintage Tupperware items here are a few links:
- My original post (the test results for the first piece I tested).
- The original post on Facebook.
- The press release I wrote on the subject.
- A post with a summary of all of the pieces I have tested to date.
- A scientific study from 2015 supporting the concern for toxicants found in vintage plastics.
- A scientific study from 2018 supporting the concern for toxicants found in vintage plastics.
As always, thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.
Please let me know if you have any questions.