Vintage purse, apprx. 6,060 ppm lead. Purses are not regulated for the presence of toxic chemicals (including lead.) Period. The amount of lead that is considered unsafe for a child (in consumer goods) is 90 ppm lead.
While I am not saying “This purse will poison you,” I am saying there are hidden toxic chemicals in everyday household items and it is important to be aware. IF we can make informed choices (because we are given information) we will make better (safer / non-toxic) choices for our families. IF we know about the potential for toxic chemicals in everyday household items, we will choose safe items instead and thereby influence both retail and manufacturing… voting with our $ for a cleaner and healthier planet for future generations.
To make a contribution in support of my independent consumer goods testing and lead poisoning prevention advocacy work, click here. Thank you!