May 31, 2021 – Monday
Hey there! As with many families doing their best to survive the pandemic, the past several months have been a very difficult time for me and for my family (in more ways than I can count!) Instead of letting the state of the world get me down, I try focus on all of the things to be thankful for each day. Writing down (documenting!) the things I am grateful for each month also helps me to keep going and doing this work (helping families)!
One minute video from earlier today (Monday – May 31, 2021):
Things I am thankful for today….
- My leg is healing!: Today I actually rode a bike for the first time (video evidence above!) since last August (which is when I left home to drive cross country) – this is nothing short of a miracle — since I broke all the bones in my lower leg on January 6th! Nothing.short.of.a.miracle!
- Straight A’s: My second eldest son, A.J. [he’s 18, now!] just finished his first year at college (at Berklee College of Music in Boston)…and got straight A’s this semester — plus, he was awarded two more small scholarships! #WooHoo! #PandemicLearning
- A New Video Series: My 16 year old son Avi has been producing paleontology-focused videos from footage he filmed when we drove cross-country last year. He’s gotten quite a few videos up in his series on his website channel “The Terran Informed” so if you have a kiddo interested in paleontology OR if you want to see footage and images from our cross country trip last summer… please check out his video series. Here’s the LINK! I am so thankful that he has been taking the initiative to learn on his own through producing these videos!
- My Civil Rights Lawsuit is moving along: This month the new attorney representing me [in the legal case – in which I am suing the State of Oregon in Federal court for multiple counts of Civil Rights violations against me — violations which directly and significantly damaged the impact and reach of my childhood Lead poisoning prevention advocacy work since 2016] filed a motion to compel the State to mediate (after the State had refused to set a new mediation date, even though they said they would do so once I had hired a new attorney!) You can read the detailed update with the timeline below.
- This was the #BestLeadSafeMamaMAY ever: This morning I realized that LeadSafeMama.com would be wrapping up May 2021 with the Best May Ever here on the blog — closing out the month with more than 180,000 unique page views! While here at Lead Safe Mama, LLC the month of May is generally slow as far as both website traffic and income goes (May is actually one of the slowest months in nearly every year since the site went live in January of 2014), at least we can be so very proud that together (with your help) the Lead Safe Mama team reached more people this May than in May of any other previous year.
- BTW March & April were each significantly better than 2020 too!
- March 2020: 166,134 unique page views…
- March 2021: 252,302 unique page views! A 51.9% increase over 2020!
- April 2020: 115,275 unique page views…
- April 2021: 194,602 page views! A 68.8% increase over 2020!
- May 2020: 145,890 unique page views…
- May 2021: 181,025 final page views for the month! A 24% increase over 2020!
- On our way to 10,000,000 [Ten Million!] all-time page views: In May of 2021 (just a few days ago, actually) LeadSafeMama.com passed 9,400,000 unique all-time page views — this means in June 2021 we will easily pass 9,500,000 page views! Woohoo! That means we’re definitely passing 10,000,000 later this summer (probably before the end of August!)
- TOP TEN: SIX of the top ten months of ALL TIME on the Lead Safe Mama blog — in terms of the number of people reached with this information each month — have been in the past 12 months!
- We are on our way to 3,000,000 [Three Million!] page views for the 2021 calendar year: To reach our goal of 3,000,000 page views (or more) [for the year, for the third year in a row!] by the end of the day on December 31, 2021, we need the remaining 7 months of 2021 to have an average of 266,000 page views each month – and (given our history over the past couple of years, and the increases in page views we have seen over the past three months) that’s a totally achievable number! [Click the image above to see it full-size and read all of the stats!]
- Reminder: The longer-term goal (the number at which the work of Lead Safe Mama, LLC will be fully self-sufficient / self-funded) is an average of 600,000 page-views each month, which works out to 7,200,000 page views each year.
- New Website! In May of 2021 we also started our new sister website (ShopLeadSafeMama.com) and you all have been so incredibly helpful in guiding our choices of what to include on this site (to help make it useful for other families). Thank you so much! If you haven’t check out the new site yet, please click the link and let me know what you think!
Thank you ALL for being here. Thank you for reading and sharing posts on the Lead Safe Mama blog – for helping us to reach so many families with this important information to help them protect their families!