Posted: Saturday, January 30, 2021
Updated: Friday, December 31, 2021
Below are the rules for the Lead Poisoning Prevention With Lead Safe Mama Facebook Group (group link here). These rules are current as of the most recent date above.
As of the most recent date above there are more than 14,500 members in this group. Thanks for participating in this group discussion! Parents, doctors, contractors, educators, policy makers… EVERYONE is welcome to be part of this group. To my knowledge it is the largest Lead Poisoning Prevention Advocacy Discussion Group (on-or-off of Facebook) active today (or ever). I am so incredibly thankful that there is such an amazing community gathering together in this way to participate in this conversation.
Mother of Lead Poisoned Children
Owner, Lead Safe Mama, LLC
see screenshot with most recent update below
- Search the Lead Safe Mama blog before posting: There are more than 2,500 posts and pages on the blog: http://www.LeadSafeMama.com – please use the search bar there and only ask a question if you do not find the answer on the blog. Thank you.
- Watch the “How to Use” The Website Video: This video was designed to help you more easily find information on the Lead Safe Mama blog. The Link to that video on Facebook is in the pinned posts in the announcements for the group. Please comment on that post once you have watched the video to confirm you have done so. Thank you.The Link to that video on Facebook is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/LeadSafe/permalink/4852629878144403/ The link to the video on YouTube is here: https://youtu.be/vDqTi5KSQt0
- Please include a static image with your posts: In order to simplify the post approval process, posts without an image included may not be approved right away. This image can be a photo you took or a screenshot of an image from the internet that is relevant to your post. Posts with images are more likely to get responses from group members so this rule is in place to help YOU get answers to your questions more quickly!
- Include at least one #Hashtag with your post: Examples of hashtags include #LeadInWater, #MedicalQuestion #LeadInToys #Regulations #Testing or whatever keywords are relevant to your post). Including a hashtag helps others find your post in the future (so the same questions are not asked over and over and over again!)
- No vaccine discussions: Vaccine discussions are getting groups deleted by Facebook. Vaccines do NOT have Lead. Vaccines do NOT cause Lead poisoning. As such we cannot risk Facebook censoring the group and are no longer allowing these conversations in the group. If you want more information or Lead Safe Mama’s perspective on the subject please look up Vaccine on LeadSafeMama.com
- No screenshots of conversations in group allowed: If you screenshot a conversation in the group & share it in a public forum (your page, another group, in a news article or similar), you will immediately be removed from the group. This is to respect the privacy of posters to the degree possible.
- No posts with Facebook’s colored text blocks: We want people to notice your post and respond to your questions. The best way for this to happen is to include a unique image. Please do not post words in one of the colorful Facebook generated text blocks as those posts will not be approved.
- Be Kind and Courteous: We’re all in this together to create a welcoming environment. Let’s treat everyone with respect. Healthy debates are natural, but kindness is required.
- No Hate Speech or Bullying & Respect Privacy: Make sure everyone feels safe. Bullying of any kind isn’t allowed, and degrading comments about things like race, religion, culture, sexual orientation, gender or identity will not be tolerated. PRIVACY: Being part of this group requires mutual trust. Authentic, expressive discussions make groups great, but may also be sensitive and private. What’s shared in the group should stay in the group.
- No Promotions or Spam: Give more than you take to this group. Self-promotion, spam and irrelevant links aren’t allowed. If you have something you want to promote please send a PM asking permission of an admin. Please do not included ANY Amazon links in your original posts. Add Amazon links to your comments if relevant and they will be replaced with a Lead Safe Mama affiliate link. Thank you.
For Fun… Group Stats:
- January 31, 2021: 10,981 members + 218 join requests pending
- March 24, 2021: 11,444 members + 205 join requests pending
- April 2, 2021: 11,582 members + 124 join requests pending
- May 22, 2021: 11,596 members + 834 join requests pending
- May 23, 2021: 11,943 members + 398 join requests pending
- July 4, 2021: 12,484 members + 124 join requests pending
Group Rule Update: 12/31/2021 – Friday