Link to enter: https://volcanoartprize.com
The Volcano Art Prize
With Lead Safe World – out of Australia
a project of Australia’s L.E.A.D. Group!
This is a SUPERFUN STAY-AT-HOME-YET-IMPACT-THE-WORLD ACTIVITY for you and your kids to participate in today (or anytime in the next week!) The deadline for the Volcano Art Prize has been extended to August 10th!
How to participate:
Your kids can enter for FREE! “How do we enter?”, you ask:
- Your kids draw a picture or do some other art with a Lead-poisoning prevention theme (this is a broad requirement – and you can to some extent interpret as you like, but there are guidelines on the link below).
- You scan the artwork or take a photo of the artwork (if it is a sculpture or something other than a drawing or painting OR if you don’t have a scanner!)
- You follow this link and submit the artwork image per the instructions: https://volcanoartprize.com
Some fun / more details…
- The contest is in AUSTRALIA! How often do your kids get to enter an art contest for a great cause — in Australia?! (for FREE!) Babies can enter, too; there is no low-age threshold to enter!!
- If you want to support the organization, you can also make a donation AND adults can enter, too [for a $10 entry fee!]
- If you do enter, please let me know. I would love to see an image of your entry (you can post it in the comments of one of the Facebook threads for the contest!) Thank you!
- If you need some ideas for a “topic“, you can also scroll through the Lead Safe Mama website with your kids and look at posts and/or images!
Here’s the link with more information (and the link to enter!)
This is a lot of fun and a great unexpected/novel activity to undertake during CoViD-19-related stay-at-home orders. Thanks for participating in this project that is the brainchild of a Elizabeth O’Brien – a mother of Lead poisoned kiddos “down under” (and a supporter of the documentary film I directed: MisLEAD: America’s Secret Epidemic.)