We found a ring and are looking for the owner!
On Thursday, August 20, 2020 (at around 5:30 p.m.) my kids were walking around Castle Rock, Colorado (while I was working with a family there) and they stumbled upon the ring pictured in this post (scroll down for an image of the ring). The other images here in this post are the location where they found the ring. They found it on the ground in the parking lot at the location shown.
I thought that given the scope and reach of my blog (combined with the magical powers of the Internet), perhaps (with the help of my readers) we could find the owner if I posted this here on my blog and asked you all to share the post with folks you know in Colorado. If we find the owner, I will then send it to them (since we have already left Colorado). I am posting this at 1:30 a.m. on Saturday, August 22, 2020 (this is the first moment I have had to post it since we have been non-stop driving over the past couple of days!) and it will also be fun to see how quickly we find the owner.
Some important points to share:
- It is a gold ring.
- The ring has multiple stones, but I have hidden both the number of stones and color of the stones in the image so that the person who lost it can identify it as theirs by telling me how many stones there are and what the colors of the stones are.
- It looks like it is either a wedding ring or an engagement ring.
- If someone thinks it is their ring I ask that they text me (415-609-3182) and let me know the size of the ring (I have a pretty good guess of the size, based on how it fits on my finger), and the colors and configuration of the stones (to prove it is their ring.)
- If it looks like we find the owner based on the above criteria, I would love it if they could also share a photo with me of them wearing the ring (so we can be absolutely sure we are returning it to the right person!)
- During this complicated time I think this is a fun opportunity of sorts (to make someone happy & restore some faith in the world). I am sure if we find the owner they will be ecstatic that this very important piece of jewelry has been found!
I will post any updates here as I get feedback from this post. I think the best thing to do to start would be for people to share the post with people they know in Colorado (or people they know who have been recently traveling through Castle Rock, Colorado!)
As always, thanks for reading and sharing my posts (especially random ones like this that have nothing to do with my work!)