Refrigerator magnets should not be considered to be toys unless they are sold as toys (& clearly marked that they are meant to be used by children.)
When tested with an XRF Instrument this (Made in USA) map magnet had the following readings:
- Lead (Pb): 9,180 +/- 783 ppm
- Arsenic (As): 1,066 +/- 429 ppm
- Barium (Ba): 155,800 +/- 9,700 ppm
- Chromium (Cr): 5,421 +/- 796 ppm
- Zinc (Zn): 1,636 +/- 306 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 360,300 +/- 23,000 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 149,700 +/- 10,000 ppm
- Chlorine (Cl): 137,100 +/- 14,000 ppm
Some additional reading for those interested in this post:
- Links for more magnets I have tested.
- Links for more souvenirs I have tested.
- My overview post about the testing that I do (the test results that are reported here on the blog).
As always, thank you for reading and for sharing my posts. Please let me know if you have any questions.