Vintage etched crystal wine goblet
There is no brand or maker’s mark on this goblet. There are more photos with details of this goblet below the test results, so please scroll down. If you have any information that might help identify the brand or design (or year made!) for this piece, please do let me know. Thank you! Given the etched glass and fine detail work (with the floral elements) – I would put this in the 1945 to 1960 time frame (educated guess for the period of manufacture.) If I needed to give a more specific range, I would guess late-1950s.
XRF test results for the vintage wine goblet pictured:
- Lead (Pb): 136,500 +/- 8,300 ppm
- Bromine (Br): 500 +/- 105 ppm
- Tin (Sn): 117 +/- 71 ppm
- Zinc (Zn); 14,400 +/ 900 ppm
- Vanadium (V): 1,305+/- 696 ppm
- Chlorine (Cl): 5,626 +/- 3,256 ppm
Some additional reading that may be of interest:
- More Leaded crystal items I have tested.
- My overview post about the concerns for Leaded crystal.
- My post about the testing methodologies used and reported on here on this blog.
- My post listing most of the Leaded crystal items reported on here on the blog.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.