Wire Product Description:
G-05 35 Ft 22 Gauge Brass Wire purchased at Forrests Music
When tested with an XRF Instrument the wire pictured here had the following readings:
- Zinc (Zn): 307,500 +/- 1,700 ppm
- Copper (Cu): 688,100 +/- 2,300 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 1,903 +/- 252 ppm
- Note: Lead-free! No other metals detected.
- 3-minute test (180-seconds)
Eight different types of bassoon reed wire were tested as part of this inquiry. Please click here to see all eight examples (from several different vendors / manufacturers) and their correlative XRF test results. 6 of the 8 samples were Lead-free and two tested positive for very low levels (trace amounts) of Lead.
As always, thank you for reading and for sharing my posts. Please let me know if you have any questions.