Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2020
I hadn’t previously tested for / looked for Arsenic or Antimony in vintage clear glass Pyrex items. This is the first piece I have tested of vintage clear glass Pyrex where I noticed (and recorded) these two metals. I am going to do further inquiry in to this, specifically to see if this is an anomaly or if I am able to find other examples of vintage clear glass Pyrex that have tested positive Arsenic and Antimony.
Center of food surface of dish
- Arsenic (As): 866 +/- 61 ppm
- Barium (Ba): 2,284 +/- 726 ppm
- Antimony (Sb): 8,376 +/- 395 ppm
- Copper (Cu): 107 +/- 55 ppm
- Second Arsenic reading: 798 +/- 43 ppm