I don’t know who added me to this group on Facebook, but whoever did it probably did so just because they knew how funny (tragically funny) I would find this.
Here’s the post I wrote for this group tonight:
Since I am going to get kicked out of this group anyway (I am not sure who added me to the group in the first place actually) I thought I should go out with a bang.Please do realize that Lead in vintage Pyrex is a real problem. Tests have been done that demonstrate that micro-particulate lead dust from these vintage pieces can wear off on to your hands in the course of normal use and it only takes a microscopic amount of lead dust to poison a child.If you collect these pieces they should NEVER be used for food use purposes. They should be stored in a sealed cabinet behind glass (as other pieces of art would be). 90 ppm Lead and higher is considered toxic in a newly manufactured item intended for use by children and most of these vintage Pyrex pieces have Lead in the 20,000 to 100,000 ppm range.
Peace Out, Tamara Rubin, a mother of Lead poisoned children (children who have permanent brain damage from being Lead poisoned as babies.)
These Pyrex collectors are soooo passionate abut their vintage glass bowls that some of them don’t give a flying f&^% that they might be poisoning their families.
Facebook is spending so much energy censoring free speech in other areas because of what they feel is dangerous behavior (from a health perspective or otherwise)… but things like this just slip under the radar.
Have a good weekend friends!