The spreadsheet below shows the full history of Amazon affiliate income for Lead Safe Mama, LLC (since we signed up as an affiliate in December of 2016. It’s interesting observing both the monthly patterns and the growth as it relates to other developments and milestones for Lead Safe Mama, LLC. Continue reading below the graphic for some observations & reflections you might find interesting.
Well this month I am using some of my “down time” (aka, “too-broke-to-do-anything-out-in-the-world time”) to review, organize and analyze the progress of my business and readership in the past few years (and also to catch up on a few blog posts that I have been meaning to write for literally years!)
In the graphic above you will see the full history of my Amazon affiliate income since I started as an Amazon Affiliate in December of 2016 (again, with Carissa’s help!)
Some exciting points to note:
- My first month ever (December, 2016) my Amazon income for the month was $149.13
- Last month (July, 2019), my Amazon income was $1,321.20 – nearly ten times the first month, and coming in at the second highest month ever (second only to April, 2018 – with $1,380.31)
- 7 of the past 8 months had Amazon affiliate income over $1,100 for the month!
- My total income over the past 12 months (from my readers clicks through to Amazon) was $12,507.50!
- My average monthly income so far this year is $1,201.18
- In looking at trends, September seems to be the lowest month of all each year, but December is consistently the best.
- In each of the past two years, December has also had twice the earnings compared to July.
- So…if my monthly average maintains through the end of the year, my total income earned from Amazon this year will be in the neighborhood of $14,414.16 for 2019!
- And if the past is a predictor of the future at all, my Amazon income for December might be more than $2,600 in 2019!
- If the upward trend continues in to 2020, Amazon affiliate income looks like it will be a stable and significant contributing factor in supporting the advocacy work (and independent consumer goods testing) that I report here on this blog (and – as much as I hate what Amazon represents on a lot of levels – maybe I shouldn’t consider my inherent aversion to recommending products! lol)
As another point of interest – if we add my advertising contract income (post link here) for the past 12 months (of $25,930.05) to my Amazon Affiliate Income for the past 12 months ($12,507.50), that brings my (gross) subtotal for these two sources of income up to $38,437.55. Thank you so much for your role in making this happen!
While frankly, I don’t know how my family is going to make it through the next two months (till my next anticipated significant chunk of income arrives on October 12th), I am very excited for 2020, and beyond (once my family farm sells, and all my debt from my lawsuit is paid off, and I no longer owe anyone anything for all the help they have given us over the past five years)!
As always, thank you for being here and thank you for reading and for sharing my posts!