When tested with an XRF instrument the mug pictured here had the following readings:
Glazed surface of the mug:
- Lead (Pb): 24 +/- 12 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 2,220 +/- 207 ppm
- Bismuth (Bi): 158 +/- 17 ppm
- Vanadium (V): 93 +/- 21 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 143 +/- 29 ppm
Logo area on bottom of mug had similar test results to above reading set.
Rim (unglazed) bottom edge of the mug:
- Iron (Fe): 3,870 +/- 265 ppm
- Bismuth (Bi): 175 +/- 18 ppm
Metals not detected by the XRF in “Consumer Goods” mode are not listed. Tests were done for a minimum of 60 seconds each to confirm the reading. Results are science-based and replicable and conducted with a Niton XL3T XRF in “Consumer Goods” mode.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.