Lead (Pb): 85,600 +/- 4,100 ppm
Cadmium (Cd): 1,194 +/- 99 ppm
Arsenic (As): ND
Mercury (Hg): ND
Gold (Au): 589 +/- 226 ppm (on the design)
Platinum (Pt): 1,420 +/- 338 ppm
The amount of lead that is considered toxic to children in a newly manufactured item intended specifically for use by children is anything 90 ppm and higher (in the coating.) Vintage dishware is not regulated at all for “total lead content as detectable with an XRF” and neither is modern dishware (yet.) [Isn’t it interesting that it was positive for gold and platinum!] NOTE: These vintage Pyrex pieces will also test positive with a reactive agent test (like a LeadCheck swab: http://amzn.to/2DfE3ER affiliate link).
Take away: While I am not specifically saying these types of items will poison you, I am saying that lead is poisonous and that these have lead at levels far above what is considered safe by modern standards AND there are lead-free alternatives readily (and inexpensively) available! If you can avoid having vintage Pyrex in your home, I would highly recommend that.
Here is a link to a post on my site with lead-free modern mixing bowls:
So, am I understanding correctly that even the bowls , etc. with decorations on the outside are still dangerous . I thought it was just the eating surface. Thank you for your research in this area. We ever know what we are exposed to now. Keep up the good work !