WAIT! DON’T PANIC!
While this jar was positive for a “trace” (very low level) of Lead…
- Almost all of the newer Ball Jars that I have tested have tested NEGATIVE for Lead or Cadmium.
- These levels found here in this jar that I tested (picture below) are trace/ very low/ negligible and are not likely to be leaching at all.
- Newer clear glass is still likely the best thing to store your food in.
- Ball is the most consistently Lead-free brand I have found (with just a few exceptions.)
- Conversely, almost all Kerr jars I have tested have been positive for low-levels of lead (20 to 40 ppm range) – with very few exceptions.
- All Weck Jars I have tested have been positive for lead in the 200 ppm range (still very low, but consistently higher.)
- I use all Ball jars in my home.
Similar Ball Jars on Amazon*
This ^^ is an affiliate link!
If you buy something after clicking it,
I may get a percentage from Amazon
(at no extra cost to you!)
If you appreciate what I do & would like to support my advocacy work (especially including the independent XRF Testing I do of consumer goods) please consider clicking here to make even a small contribution via my GoFundMe, every $5 or $10 (or whatever you can afford) makes a big difference. Thank you!
Thank you for reading and for sharing my posts!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions.