June 24, 2022 – Friday
In skimming this e-mail (screenshot of first paragraph, above – scroll down to see the full text of the mail from Trina, the owner of Primal Life Organics) — sent to me by a reader (I have not yet read it too carefully, as I am too busy actually helping families with Lead poisoned children today to be distracted by a bunch of bullshit and nonsense!) I learned new [false and misleading] “stuff about Tamara” that even I was not aware of! LOL! 🙂
As you read this (full e-mail from Trina to her customers, below) – ask yourself “Why?” Why would Trina (the owner of Primal Life Organics) go to such great lengths to try to disparage me – a federal-award-winning independent advocate for consumer goods safety and mother of acutely Lead poisoned children?
The obvious answer is this – of course: this desperate ad-hominem attack is an attempt distract from the fact that her product has unsafe levels of Lead [a level of Lead that we have documented that she was aware of previously, but ostensibly does not appear to have understood the implications of – link #1 (showing Primal Life Organics was aware of the Lead level prior to Lead Safe Mama, LLC publishing our findings) & link 2 (demonstrating Primal Life Organics’ founder did not understand the implications of this level of Lead.]
- All I did initially was post about the test results of her Lead-contaminated product —including voicing my concern that a nurse (a fact which she chose to prominently use as a pillar of her marketing and advertising campaigns) would manufacture and sell a toxic product.
- And – only after she attacked me with legal threats – I posted a follow-up, sharing these threats and her kooky claims (including backwards math) with Lead Safe Mama readers
- Then her lawyer [who appears to not be licensed to practice in her state – which is a curious fact] sent me a “cease and desist” demand, which I published here on the website (as I do with all the “cease and desist” letters that get sent our way!)
- And after she insisted that our math and our science was “wrong”, and trolled my instagram account – harassing people on my page, I simply posted contradictory quotes – directly from her – which clearly demonstrated her “counter-factual” claims and assertions (aka lies) to her customers – here, and here.
This didn’t have to get ugly – she brought the ugly! lol. She could have responded to my findings like HydroFlask did, or like Medley Home did, or like TeaBloom did, or like RoShamBo glasses did – and (after the initial shock of learning about the toxicants found in their product) just objectively investigate — and (after inevitably confirming the science — easily-confirmed/repeatable straight-forward XRF analysis), fix the damn problem and make things right for their customers.
She could have reacted like Graco did, or like Williams Sonoma did (sending letters of inquiry that were at least civil; asking questions)…Instead, she acted defensively — and disrespectfully [more disrespectful than Green Sprouts, Marble King, and KitchenAid, combined — even Earthpaste was not as aggressive/bellicose as she has been in “defending” the confirmed levels of Lead in their bentonite clay-based toothpaste; at least Earthpaste fairly immediately changed language & images on their packaging (to avoid a potential Prop 65 violation lawsuit)! She hasn’t even bothered to do that! ]
Frankly, I find it comical that she took the time to do a “full background check” on me — especially considering my world is an open book to my readers, and I have never hid anything about my advocacy journey or my finances!
Trina – if you are going to sink THAT low to try to defend your toxic product, you should have done a little more homework… why didn’t you mention my arrest and share my mug shot? — or my current Civil Rights lawsuit in which I am suing the State of Oregon for multiple counts of civil rights violations against me (related to that false arrest on false charges) – seriously, you could have easily come up with a better / more sensational headline to your e-mail — hey, I think including an appropriately-placed comment about my training and background as a professional clown (and the fact that I have a degree in mask and clown work!) might have added a nice touch for your supporters! (“Tamara is literally a CLOWN, for Pete’s sake!”)
While I don’t feel a need to defend my credit history or legal actions from my past, here are few important points for context (aka, not everything is as it seems in a smear campaign):
- My husband and I have NEVER declared bankruptcy. Given Trina uses this as a leading point, it is a good one to debunk (as an example of how I could explain each and every point if I felt the need.) Here’s that story: At the advice of a home preservation counselor, at one point we filed paperwork that was a pro-forma “intent to declare bankruptcy”, to save our home from foreclosure. We never followed-through with an actual bankruptcy filing and frankly, never intended to go ahead with it. Filing the preliminary paperwork was simply a “chess move” – suggested by our housing counselor in the Federally sponsored program to help us save our home [in response to the predatory lending practices that were in use by most lending institutions when we bought our home – practices that were resulting in a spate of illegal foreclosures years later]. This strategy was successful — as it bought us the time to negotiate a forbearance agreement, so that we could keep our home…and we are still in this home today (a home we purchased 15+ years ago now).
- One more point about the “bankruptcy” allegation: That Trina would pull documents and write this up as a consideration to disparage me (as if a bankruptcy would have anything to do with the qualifications, experience, and expertise required to accurately test for Lead in products) – and that she would not fully-research it to determine if it was actually true – really speaks to her research process and her evident lack of capacity (or will?) to patiently/painstakingly do the full “deep-dive” necessary to understand what she is reading.
- This mirrors exactly what she appears to have done in her “research” into the “safety” and “efficacy” of using bentonite clay to do what she says she thinks it does; she has clearly “skimmed” the research — without fully understanding the science (and vocabulary) of what she is reading / without doing the deep-dive required to confirm whether or not her assertions are true – or indeed have any basis whatsoever in any reality.
- Financial situations always have stories behind them. Our story (in a nutshell): our house burned down in a total loss house fire in August of 2002, two weeks after our second son was born. Then in August of 2005 (shortly after our third son was born) our kids were acutely Lead-poisoned – and became permanently disabled. Every moment since then has been a challenge.
- Ask any person (except perhaps someone who is independently wealthy) how a total-loss house-fire impacted their life – and then also ask any parent of permanently-disabled children how their children’s disabilities have financially impacted their life… The impact is significant, real, and realistically, nearly-insurmountable.
- In the United States – disabilities of one or more family members often lead to poverty. We have THREE children with disabilities.
- Having disabled children is not a crime, but the punishment is constant. Being parents of disabled children is a situation that needs to be carefully navigated if you want to survive it in one piece.
- Our house fire…followed by our children’s acute Lead-poisoning and consequent permanent disabilities…followed by our remaining assets being decimated by the housing crash in 2008 – left us struggling with poverty and houselessness beginning in 2002 (we were displaced for more than a year after our home burned down, and then displaced again for more than a year after the kids were poisoned).
- None of this impacts my ability to do my job — in fact, ALL OF IT has inspired me to become the person I have become and led me on the path to do the work I do. I am an environmental activist (and consumer goods safety advocate) BECAUSE of the tragedies of our life and the poverty that has befallen our family as a result of those tragedies!
- My goal – as is repeatedly stated in thousands of places on this website and on my social media channels – is to HELP YOU PREVENT what happened to our family from happening to your family (to help you protect your kids from being exposed to Lead in their homes, schools, parks and communities).
- Our financial “story” and the ongoing discussion the financial hardship our family has faced as a result of everything we have been through (with a focus on the cost and financial impact of our kids’ poisoning) can be found ALL OVER this website – AND in my documentary film. Our financial history (and the hardship we have been through since we moved to Oregon) has never been a secret.
- I suspect that my transparency and honest sharing about this point is one of the pieces of my story that has engaged and won over the loyal following I have grown for this work.
- It is BECAUSE I am just like many of you (Lead Safe Mama readers) — also struggling to keep the children fed, also parenting disabled children, also dealing with the challenges and shortcomings of public health insurance and of the public education system when it comes to children with disabilities – etc., that we connect, and that you understand that my intention behind my efforts to protect your children comes from a genuine place of knowing the cost of what happens when children are NOT protected from Lead exposure.
- Finally – not mentioned by Trina, but super relevant: I have been audited by the IRS THREE TIMES. These audits spanned five years of my taxes. Each time I have been audited by the IRS, the IRS had found that my record keeping and finances were – in the words of one of the auditors – “impeccable” – with only insignificant minor errors [especially in light of the fact I have very little time to do paperwork as a parent of disabled children], and the auditors have found (each time) that NO CHANGE was necessary to my taxes in response to the audit (that my taxes should stand exactly as filed). Trina’s attempts to undermine my credibility via casting implied aspersions on my character based on a list outlining my financial history – a list with no detail – is beyond irrelevant. She has actually tried to paint a financial history that is the opposite of what is demonstrated by the records. She has done this using incomplete, partial data and by not taking the time to understand the limited data she has in hand – methodology that seems to also characterize to her misunderstanding of the science around her products as well.
Every transaction has a story, every legal record has a story – and I have no need to defensively go through each point (in each of the attachments she has included in her attempt to undermine my credibility) – to explain each of the stories behind each line item – but again I ask you to question…WHY? Why would anyone go to these lengths of personal attacks?
Again, the reason is clear to me – she is selling a product with unsafe levels of Lead and has no way out of that without completely reformulating her products; she is likely afraid that she cannot reformulate her products – so the Lead Safe Mama, LLC findings (which just confirm the Lead levels in her products that she herself has previously shared directly with customers, in the form of the COA – Lead levels that ostensibly she has apparently misunderstood, per this communication with me – link) threaten her livelihood – so now she is attempting to twist the facts to try to assert to her customers that she is “right” (see George Orwell quote below). Trina, this is not a winning strategy nor a good look.
Lead Safe Mama readers – if you want to share your thoughts with Trina directly, here is her direct email address (please keep it civil and respectful): firstname.lastname@example.org
Here’s the email Trina is sending out to her customers today
Subject Line [with one slight edit by me – otherwise the email is as it was written!]:
False and misleading statements [written up by] Primal Life Organics
Dear Valued Primal Life Organics Customer:
Primal Life Organics takes whole-body health seriously and invests time and money into researching the quality, safety, and efficacy of every ingredient used so that every individual can make an educated decision on what is best for themselves and their family. Primal Life Organics truly believes that every consumer should understand what they are putting on their skin and into their body. To that end, Primal Life Organics has done extensive research on the benefits, safety, and efficacy of clay (bentonite, kaolin, French green) and fully stands behind all of its products. Primal Life Organics is currently in the process of having the toothpowder certified “Toxin-Free” by the Non-Toxic Project.
However, recently certain individuals have been spreading false and misleading statements regarding Primal Life Organics, its products, and its owner, Trina Felber. Primal Life Organics and Mrs. Felber applaud efforts to safeguard the health of both children and adults alike. However, when someone’s methods are misguided and misinformed, they must take a stand to point out someone’s inaccuracies, lack of medical and scientific education, training, credentials, questionable methodologies and faulty analysis therefrom. Mrs. Felber holds a master’s degree in Nursing as well as other prominent nursing certifications.
Further, Mrs. Felber does extensive research on every ingredient in each product Primal Life Organics offers, not only through the lens of a medical professional but also as a mother. Mrs. Felber would not sell to consumers any product that she would not approve of her children using. That is not a slogan, it is her reality.
No doubt that any advocate’s road traveled is paved with good intentions; however, Tamara Rubin’s methods and methodologies are
misguided and misinformed. Mrs. Rubin has no formal degree in biology, chemistry, physiology, toxicology, science, or medicine. Her limited understanding of how the body works and the polarity/molecule size causes her to misinterpret the findings of her results. While Mrs. Rubin’s background may lack any medical and scientific education, training, or experience needed to fully understand nuanced and complex biochemical reactions and processes as well as analyze and interpret various data, especially given that cognitive assumptions can distort how one interprets the observation, her background does contain bankruptcy, multiple lawsuits, judgment liens and over twenty-eight notices of default. However, the purpose here is not to shed light on Mrs. Rubin, but on the facts regarding certain ingredients in Primal Life Organics’ products, specifically, bentonite clay in Primal Life Organics’ Dirty Mouth ® Toothpowder, so that you may make the most informed decision you can for you and your family.
Elements on the periodic table, including aluminum, lead, copper, chromium, iron, nickel, and strontium, are found in some clays in very small trace amounts often measured in harmless ppm (parts per million). That is why they call them trace minerals. In the natural form, they are tightly bound together with a high negative charge and act as a whole. They become a strong drawing force pulling and binding toxins, viruses, and infections into themselves and carrying them out of the body. That is why clays are known as natural, safe, gentle detoxing agents. Again, all clay has lead. However, many people do not understand that polarity and molecule size matter when referring to what the body can absorb and what passes through the digestive system. The FDA lists bentonite clay as “GRAS, generally regarded as safe” to ingest. Lead absorption depends on particulate size, route of exposure, nutritional status, health, and age of the individual.
Further, according to one study, bentonite clay may be safe for chronic oral consumption. There are numerous animal feeding studies, which demonstrated that bentonites, can bind aflatoxins (a family of toxins and possible carcinogens produced by certain fungi) in ingested feed and reduce or eliminate their toxicity. The article goes on to state that:
“In pigs, the feeding supplementation of montmorillonite [which is found in bentonite] for 100 days, reduced lead concentration in blood, brain, liver, bone, kidney, and hair. … Consistently in sheep, it was concluded the dietary [Copper] bioavailability could be decreased by oral supplements of bentonite). Cadmium is an extremely toxic metal commonly found in industrial workplaces. The exposure of carp … to dietary cadmium caused oxidative stress, while montmorillonite supplemented in diet reversed relatively cadmium-induced oxidative damage in liver and kidney. Bentonite is additionally reported to decrease cadmium induced cytotoxicity and genotoxicity in Nile tilapia fish. Generally, it seems that bentonite is a reliable treatment for metal poisoning.”
Dr. Pentti J. Nupponen is another supporter of the clinical use of calcium bentonite clay (CBC) in both dentistry and natural
medicine. His research shows that certain clay and non-clay minerals can be used orally, topically, and in toothpaste, cream, powder, and emulsions with various health applications and benefits.Specifically, with regard to oral care, Dr. Nupponen cites many uses for clay, such as fighting gingivitis, periodontal disease, minor burns, and certain post-surgical infections.
Finally, below is an excerpt from Dr. Richard Anderson, author of Cleanse and Purify Thyself:
“Some people are concerned about the aluminum in clays. Aluminum is one of the most abundant minerals on the earth. However, if you recall where it states that Bentonite clays have a negative (ionic) electrical charge, you will realize that Bentonite cannot be absorbed by the body. The epithelium cells of the gut are also negatively charged. Like the polar opposites of two magnets repelling one another, the cells of our bowels absolutely repel the Bentonite clay from entering the inner sanctum of our bodies. Dr. Anderson has probably set the world’s record in the consuming of Bentonite clay. Not only has he no signs of aluminum poisoning, but also his hair analysis has never indicated any abnormal levels of aluminum in his body. And does he still use Bentonite? Absolutely.”
You may have noticed that Primal Life Organics specifically states not to use too much of Primal Life Organics’ Dirty Mouth ® Toothpowder,
with such disclaimers as:
- “This is 100% concentrated, and only a very small amount is needed. Just a dip of the top 1/2 of your brush needs to be dusted with toothpowder.”
- “We’ve noticed many Primal Lifers use more than they need. Dirty Mouth Toothpaste is 100% concentrated – a little goes a long way!”
Again, Primal Life Organics’ Dirty Mouth ® Toothpowder is not meant to be swallowed or ingested. Please remember, that toothpaste and toothpowder are not meant to be swallowed and is not considered a consumable item.
At the end of the day, it is up to you to make the best decision for yourself and your family. Hopefully, the provided information, research articles, and scientific evidence on the efficacy and safety of Bentonite Clay have made you a more informed consumer.
For more about Primal Life Organics’ mission, visit:
CEO and Founder of Primal Life Organics
RN, BSN, MSN, CRNA
*See attachments for Primal Life Organics Letter, EXHIBITS and research articles.
 RN, BSN, MSN, CRNA
2See Exhibit “A” evidencing Bankruptcy Petition #: 14-36338-tmb13;
3 See Exhibit “B” for an overview of certain legal proceedings in which Tamara Rubin’s name appeared;
4 See Exhibit “C” for an overview of Judgment Liens found in Tamara Rubin’s name;
5 See Exhibit “D” for a composite of twenty-eight Notices of Default found in Tamara Rubin’s name.
7 Bentonite Clay as a Natural Remedy: A Brief Review; Iran J Public Health, Vol. 46, No.9, Sep 2017, pp.1176-1183; Maryam Moosavi -– Exhibit “E”
8 Id. at 1177.
9 Id. at 1177-1178. (Internal citations omitted).
10 DMD, MAGD, CNC, FIAOMT
11 See Scientific Review – Clinical Use of Calcium Bentonite Clay (CBC) in Dentistry and Natural Medicine – Exhibit “F”
12 Id. at 3-5.
13 Id. at 10.
Primal letter to Consumers.pdf, Exhibit A.pdf, Exhibit B.pdf, Exhibit C.pdf, Exhibit D.pdf, Exhibit E.pdf, Exhibit F.pdf, *Comprehensive Review on the Interactions of Clay Minerals With Animal Physiology and Production.pdf, *Why Bentonite Clays are Safe to Ingest.pdf, Bound Lead vs Free Lead.pdf, Enhancing the Adsorption of Lead (II) by Bentonite Enriched with pH-Adjusted Meranti Sawdust.pdf, Removal of Heavy Metals Using Bentonite Clay and Inorganic Coagulants.pdfRegards,
Trina from Primal Life Organics