Can you help?
Lead Safe Mama, LLC is looking at a deficit of at least $395 this month (April 2021) & any contributions will help cover the gap to help keep this work going.
All contributions are reported as income to Lead Safe Mama, LLC. We are NOT a nonprofit. We are – instead – a woman-owned small business environmental advocacy organization with a very unusual business model based on foundation of collaboration with the public. As such, contributions are NOT tax deductible in any way. Thank you for being a partner in this work and in expanding the reach and impact of this message.
- We have a right to know what’s in the products in our homes (including our paint and building materials.)
- We have a right to make informed decisions for our families.
- We also need to hold corporate America accountable for:
- their lack of transparency (for example, companies secretly changing their materials and not making a public statement and not issuing public recalls for previously sold leaded products),
- mistakes made out of ignorance (like not knowing their product has lead and selling it as “lead free” without doing comprehensive appropriate testing – testing required for each and every component and coating in order to make that determination)
- & for outright lies (like continuing to market things as Lead free even when they now know the product has Lead.)