Vintage Red Blown Glass Vase
When tested with an XRF instrument the vintage red glass vase pictured here had the following readings.
- Cadmium (Cd): 4,420 +/- 197 ppm
- Barium (Ba): 452 +/- 59 ppm
- Silver (Ag): 40 +/- 9 ppm
- Palladium (Pd): 14 +/- 7 ppm
- Platinum (Pt): 777 +/- 212 ppm
- Zinc (Zn): 106,700 +/- 2,900 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 719 +/- 134 ppm
- Indium (In): 31 +/- 13 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 482 +/- 195 ppm
Some additional reading that may be of interest to you:
- All of the posts I’ve written with they keyword “glass”
- All of the posts I’ve written about red glass
- All of the posts I’ve written about blue glass
- All of the posts I’ve written about brown glass
- All of the posts I’ve written about clear glass
- A summary post covering the testing methodologies I use for the testing I report on on this blog.
- To read more about the concern for Cadmium in consumer goods, click here.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for reading and for sharing my posts!