When tested with an XRF Instrument the Ikea dish pictured here had the following readings (in “Consumer Goods” mode):
Food surface of the plate:
- Barium (Ba): 277 +/- 41 ppm
- Zirconium (Zr): 14,100 +/- 400 ppm
- Tin (Sn): 31 +/- 13 ppm
- Platinum (Pt): 308 +/- 90 ppm
- Zinc (Zn): 20,200 +/- 500 ppm
- Copper (Cu): 412 +/- 51 ppm
- Nickel (Ni): 1,836 +/- 119 ppm
- Cobalt (Co): 1,407 +/- 132 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 3,507 +/- 236 ppm
- Vanadium (V): 314 +/- 72 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 655 +/- 112 ppm
Black back mark on the plate:
- Barium (Ba): 807 +/- 70 ppm
- Chromium (Cr): 432 +/- 115 ppm
- Zirconium (Zr): 14,200 +/- 500 ppm
- Platinum (Pt): 269 +/- 108
- Zinc (Zn): 13,600 +/- 500 ppm
- Copper (Cu): 419 +/- 70 ppm
- Nickel (Ni): 1,633 +/- 159 ppm
- Cobalt (Co): 1,185 +/- 175 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 3,521 +/- 333 ppm
- Vanadium (V): 1,904 +/- 167 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 3,726 +/- 290 ppm
Some additional reading that may be of interest:
- Click here to see more items from Ikea that I have tested.
- Click here to read more about the testing I do (the instrumentation I use).
- Click here to see the Lead-free dishes I use in my home.
Thank you for reading and for sharing my posts. As always, please let me know if you have any questions.
So, is it likely that the bowls and mugs from this set are also lead-free? Thanks for all you are doing!
thank you for testing these Ikea plates. These plates come in different colours and in bowls. Are they also lead free, cadmium free and Antimony free? I’m making a trip to Ikea next week and would love to buy some in different colours:) Thank you
My readers direct the things I test by sending me things for testing. I am sorry but I am not accepting new items for testing at this time, but if you subscribe to my newsletter (it’s free) you will be among the first to know when I start testing things again.
thank you how do I subscribe to newsletters 🙂
Tamara were you ever able to test Ikea basic white tempered dishes Oftast? Are they safe? Thanks for this blog its awesome!
Are the Ikea 12011 microwave/dishwasher safe?