When tested with an XRF instrument this Polar Express souvenir bell (from the Whippany, NJ Polar Express Train) had the following readings:
Test on the bell
(multiple tests on all components of bell were done with similar results.)
- Chromium (Cr): 10,400 +/- 400 ppm
- Gold (Au): 9,310 +/- 2,102 ppm
- Copper (Cu): 786,100 +/- 4,500 ppm
- Nickel (Ni): 152,900 +/- 2,300 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 39,200 +/- 1,200 ppm
Leather string (may be faux-leather)
- Zinc (Zn): 22 +/- 12 ppm
- Iron (Fe): 94 +/- 33 ppm
- Titanium (Ti): 1,752 +/- 68 ppm
- Chlorine (Cl): 1,139 +/- 289 ppm
Some additional reading (& test results) you might be interested in:
- Link to more Christmas items I have tested.
- Link to more Polar Express items I have tested.
- Link to more bells I have tested.
- Post discussing the testing methodologies used for the testing reported on this blog.
As always, please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you for reading and for sharing my posts.