Originally Posted: March 26, 2020 – 11:30 p.m
Date updated: March 27, 2020 – 3:15 p.m.
A new fun idea
I need your help getting the word out about my work. If you participate in this opportunity you will be supporting three small businesses (mine, my friend Nicole’s and my friend Jess’s) during a difficult time AND you will be educating your friends (and in turn their friends) about childhood Lead-poisoning prevention and the concern for Lead in consumer goods.
This is easy — and I am going to “pay” you for your help! I will “pay” everyone who participates following the guidelines below with Lead Safe Mama swag! You can support this movement (educating every parent in the country about the concern for Lead in their homes and environment) — while earning a Lead Safe Mama t-shirt (value $25) and Lead Safe Mama lip balms (value $8) — by sharing my blog posts on your Facebook page (personal or business), or Twitter feed…here’s how:
- Terms subject to change at any time. Check back on this post for the current terms. Any time terms are updated, the date updated will be posted at the top of this post. The terms posted on the first day that you start sharing will be applied to the period that you are sharing during.
- If you share 10 days in a row (following the steps detailed below with each share), you earn a free Lead Safe Mama t-shirt that will be custom-printed for you by my friend Nicole, in Texas (you choose the color and size of the high-quality, incredibly soft cotton t-shirt!). I will also work on a #LeadSafePapa #LeadSafeGrandma and other versions of the shirt for those who are interested.
- If you share 15 days in a row, you will also earn 2 Lead Safe Mama lip balms made by my friend Jess, in California (in addition to the t-shirt you earned for sharing the posts 10 days in a row.)
- After you do this once, you can do this a second, third, and fourth time (earning up to 4 t-shirts and up to 8 lip balms) — but each time must be sequential (not concurrent in any way) and unbroken (see below).
- In order to earn each of the items noted in parts 2 & 3, you need to share a link from my blog (following the specific terms outlined below) once a day each day on your social media feed where you have at least 200 friends or followers.
- Each day during your 10- or 15-day period you need to share a different link — a link that you did not previously share during the period.
- You can share any time of the day or night, but to earn the rewards, the sharing days need to be consecutive (without a gap in between days) so that there is one post on each separate date for each of 10 (or 15) days in a row (without a gap.)
- To earn the rewards, you should use the following directions to find a post to share each day in the period that you choose to share during:
- You need to first navigate to LeadSafeMama.com or TamaraRubin.com directly.
- Then look at the “Top Posts” section of the home page. This is the top 12 posts shown on the home page each and every day, and varies slightly (and sometimes significantly) – depending on what people are looking for.
- Choose one of the posts and click on it.
- Copy the direct full URL for that post.
- Paste the URL of that post onto your appropriate social media feed ensuring the the post is public so that I can see it, to confirm each of your posts at the end of your 10 days or 15 days.
- Write a personal introduction at the top of your post for your friends and include the hashtag “#aflink” or “#contest” and the hashtag “#LeadSafeMama”. Here are some ideas:
- “I thought you all might be interested in this…#aflink #LeadSafeMama” or
- “Here is something I learned recently….#contest #LeadSafeMama” or
- “I am friends with Tamara Rubin, she wrote this post and I wanted to share it with you….#contest #LeadSafeMama” or
- “I am sharing a #LeadSafeMama post each day to earn a #LeadSafeMama t-shirt – here’s the one I chose to share for today, please read it and share it with your friends to support Tamara’s work. Thank you! #aflink”
- Note: It is SUPER important that you follow the steps above. If – instead – you share it directly from the Lead Safe Mama Facebook page, then Facebook will likely throttle the reach (they have not been sharing my posts with anyone recently because they want me to pay to promote posts!).
- At the end of your 10 days or 15 days, text me, e-mail me, or PM me on Facebook and let me know you did this (and on what platform and what your profile name is on that platform), and either I or one of my helpers will review your social media account to confirm that you did either the 10 days or the 15 days, and we will send you your t-shirt (and lip balm!)
Thank you for considering helping support my work in this way.