Posted: January 10, 2019
Because my readers are responsible for how much I earn (both through affiliate purchases and through the simple act of reading my blog and sharing my posts) I periodically share updates with the income from my blog – so you can have a tangible way to know how your support of this work is sustaining it, continuing to make it possible for me to do independent consumer goods testing and reporting and childhood lead poisoning prevention outreach and education via my blog.
Below are two spreadsheets summarizing the advertising and affiliate income I have received over the years from your readership of this website. This includes Amazon affiliate income and my monthly advertising contract income (the annoying ads you see popping up on every post – that hopefully you do your best to ignore – lol!)
Some highlights from 2019:
- Total (gross) Amazon Affiliate* income earned in 2019: $17,595.78
- Total (gross) advertising contract income earned in 2019: $41,235.61
- Total (gross) website income earned in 2019 – sum of above two numbers: $58,831.39
- Total earnings paid in 2019 (there is a 2-month delay from earnings to payment): $43,828.59
- Total unique page views for 2019 (from JetPack): 3,826,782
- Average earning by page view in 2019: 1.537 cents
- (a little more than one and a half cents per view)
- Note: this compares to the combined total earned in 2018 of: $12,010.02
Thank you for being here. Thank you for supporting this work by reading and sharing my posts!
As always, please let me know if you have any questions (and Happy New Year!)
Want to support my work with your Amazon shopping? Start any shopping event by clicking first on one of my Amazon affiliate links (like this one: https://amzn.to/308DNo8) and I will receive a small percentage of what you spend at no extra cost to you. You don’t even need to buy the item that I link to for me to earn a percentage from your daily shopping – just start with one of my links! Thank you!
*Note this is only reflecting Amazon affiliate income. I also earned about $300 in affiliate income from other sources and will have finals on that when my bookkeeping for the year is done.